I absolutely love taking supplements – meaning all kinds of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and a long list of fascinating food concentrates and natural substances. After 3 decades of working within the vitamin industry as a consultant in product development and formulation, and spending an equal amount of time in clinical nutrition and eating psychology, I feel somewhat qualified to share some insights, critiques, and musings with you about the hidden science and psychology behind popping pills.
In the video below, I think you’ll hear some information on this topic that the big companies and the expert practitioners won’t tell you.
Here’s just a few supplement tips you’ll learn:
· Supplements are powerful packets of “energy and information”
· Always consider following the “5 Supplement Rule”
· Supplements are like drugs – it’s often best to use them in “Cycles”
· It may be better to NOT take your supplements 7 days per week
· The absorption of a supplement is powerfully influenced by whether or not we are in a physiologic relaxation or a stress response
· The placebo effect – what you think and believe when you take a supplement has a profound influence on it’s effectiveness
My warmest regards,