Diana, 57, has been trying for at least 16 years to lose about 40 pounds to no avail. Told that she has metabolic resistance, her latest functional medicine doctor has told her she may never be able to lose the weight.
Weight Loss Resistance Session
With several autoimmune conditions and having gone into early menopause, Diana is confused about what’s going on with her body and whether weight loss in the cards for her.
In her eating psychology coaching session with Marc, they explore some of the key underlying causes that may be behind her weight loss resistance, including hormonal imbalance, pre-diabetes, and possible heavy metal toxicity.
- Examining all potential underlying causes for metabolic resistance is key, and working with a naturopath or functional medicine practitioner is recommended.
- The reason why low calorie diets can cause weight loss resistance
- Learning to adapt to the body we have now when we’re living a healthy lifestyle and have excluded causal factors for weight loss resistance.
- Identifying what we can do to have the best chances for a healthy life while not living in the mindset of “if I don’t lose weight, I will never be healthy.”
- How gentle exercise can support a healthy weight and body, and the particular benefits of sweating and infrared saunas
We’d love to hear your own experience or thoughts about this episode – please drop us a comment below!
P.S. Interested in learning more about emotional eating and finally finding freedom with food? Would you like some deeper wisdom and guidance in your emotional eating journey? If so, we’d love for you to learn more about our special program, The Emotional Eating Breakthrough. This is a 10-week online transformational experience that’s designed to help you finally find peace with food. You’ll learn from the originator of the field of Eating Psychology, Marc David – and you’ll be guided through a true mind, body, heart and soul approach combining the best of psychology, science, and personal development. The powerful tools and techniques you’ll discover in the program address the root cause of why we emotionally eat, forever changing your relationship with food.
Become a Mind Body Eating Coach
Now enrolling for February 2024.
Make real, lasting change - in your life and the lives of others using eating psychology coaching tools.
Subscribe to The Psychology of Eating Podcast
Get notified when new episodes go live.