Top 50 Vegetarian Blogs
Here are our picks for Top 50 Vegetarian Blogs. Please enjoy! Here at The Institute for the Psychology of Eating, we’re on a mission to forever change the way the world understands food, body and health.
We’re “diet agnostic” – meaning we do our best to honor and support the wisdom and usefulness of ANY dietary approach that people choose to practice. The Institute for the Psychology of Eating is the world’s only online school dedicated to a progressive, positive, holistic understanding of eating psychology and nutrition. Unique and revolutionary in its approach, the Institute teaches students and professionals how to effectively work with the most common and compelling eating challenges of our times – weight, body image, overeating, binge eating, emotional eating, endless dieting, digestion, fatigue, immunity, mood and much more.
The Institute features an internationally acclaimed distance learning professional offering – the Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training - along with well loved online programs for the public, including Transform Your Relationship with Food. No matter what nutritional system you follow, we all have a relationship with food that profoundly impacts our behavior and metabolism. If you’re interested in learning more about the work we do, please check out our FREE Video Series called The Dynamic Eating Psychology Breakthrough. You can sign up for it HERE. The list below for Top 50 Vegetarian Blogs is in no particular order. They’re all ranked highly in our eyes!
Been selected? Want to share this badge on your website?
Just copy and paste the code below!
Top 50 Vegetarian Blogs:
1. Naturally Ella – Naturally Ella is a vegetarian site (with some meat recipes in the archives) focused on cooking with seasonal ingredients.
2. Dana Treat – Dana Treat is a vegetarian blog written by chef Dana Treat. It is full of decadent treats and vegetable-rich foods.
3. Anja’s Food for Thought – Anja’s Food for Thought blog contains a variety of vegan and vegetarian recipes. It includes cooking with fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains without adding refined sugar.
4. Veggie Num Num – Veggie Num Num offers simple and easy vegetarian recipes in addition to nutritional information about following a vegetarian or vegan diet. This site is an excellent resource for flex-vegetarians (those that choose to eat meat occasionally).
5. 101 Cookbooks – 101 Cookbooks is a recipe journal by Heidi Swanson. She focuses on vegetarian, whole foods in her blogs and cookbooks (and takes amazing photos).
6. My New Roots – My New Roots is holistic nutritionist and vegetarian chef Sarah Britton’s blog. Sarah provides delicious recipes and a wealth of nutrition information.
7. Green Kitchen Stories – The Green Kitchen Stories blog is a collection of healthy vegetarian recipes. David and Luise do an excellent job with photography and provide easy-to-follow recipes.
8. Veggie Belly – Veggie Belly is written by a woman who was raised vegetarian in Southern India. She does not “preach” to others about eating a vegetarian diet, but rather aspires to cook amazing vegetarian food.
9. Oh My Veggies – Oh My Veggies is a recent endeavor for author Kiersten, yet she has been eating a vegetarian diet since the age of twelve. Her blog is includes of her own recipes and photographs of recipes she tries from other veg-friendly blogs.
10. Coconut and Quinoa – Coconut and Quinoa contains original vegetarian and vegan recipes created by the blogger, Amy Chaplin. Her recipes use fresh, whole food ingredients including coconut and quinoa.
11. Herbivoracious – Herbavoracious is a popular vegetarian recipe blog written by former software engineer, Michael Natikin. Michael’s goal is to provide plant-based recipes that are hearty and delicious.
12. Cookie and Kate – Cookie and Kate are known for their fresh vegetarian recipes made from whole foods. Kate’s blog includes many inspiring recipes and occasional treats such as margaritas, cakes, and popsicles. Cookie is her canine companion who catches the crumbs.
13. Eatomaniac – Etomaniac blog is a dynamic blend of Indian, American, Middle Eastern, and other world cuisines inspired by a passion for living as a vegetarian. Recipes include delicious stews, desserts, soups and salads.
14. Lisa’s Kitchen – Lisa’s Kitchen originally emphasized spicy Indian-inspired vegetarian dishes, yet it has expanded to include more styles of vegetarian cooking.
15. Good Things Grow – Good Things Grow showcases seasonal whole food recipes that are vegetarian-friendly. The recipes are simple and fresh – a reflection of the design of the site.16. Crazy Sexy Life – Crazy Sexy Life is a blog by popular author Kris Carr about health, spiritual wealth and happiness. Kris Carr describes herself as a “wellness warrior” and eats a plant-based diet.
17. Plant Based on a Budget – Plant Based on a Budget aims to show readers how affordable eating a plant-based diet can be. The contributors post fresh, easy, vegetable-rich recipes.
18. Sprouted Kitchen – Sprouted Kitchen is a vegetable-friendly food blog containing recipes using fresh, whole foods. The photos on the site are beautiful and inspiring.
19. Lukas Volger’s Veggie Madness – Lukas Volger’s Veggie Madness complements Volger’s book, Veggie Burger Every Which Way Cookbook. What started as a veggie burger blog has expanded to be a veg-friendly food blog.
20. The Discerning Brute – The Discerning Brute is Joshua Katcher, whose writing is directed toward men who want to “make ethical, informed decisions concerning their lifestyles.”
21. Chubby Vegetarian – Chubby Vegetarian is a popular site for vegetarian recipes that range from vegetable-heavy salads to fried okra and rich desserts.
22. I Eat Grass – I Eat Grass is a blog that documents how to eat a meatless diet. The blog includes a number of contributors; therefore, the posts are varied and frequent.
23. Robin Robertson’s Global Vegan Kitchen – Robin Robertson’s Global Vegan Kitchen features noted author Robert Robertson, who has written more than 20 cookbooks and contributes regularly to a number of popular magazines.
24. No Meat Athlete – No Meat Athlete is directed toward athletes on a vegetarian or vegan diet. The site features recipes and provides athletes with training tips and inspiration.
25. Meatless Monday – Meatless Monday’s is the non-profit initiative of The Monday Campaigns in conjunction with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The blog provides meat-free recipes to be enjoyed on Meatless Mondays – a campaign to improve the health of the planet and the individual.
26. Just the Food – Just the Food blog is a resource for creative and plant-based recipes. The author of the blog also writes and reviews plant-based cookbooks.
27. Hungry Hungry Hippie – The Hungry Hungry Hippie is written by a Californian Elise, a self-professed west-coast hippie. The blogger is passionate about fitness and plant-based foods.
28. Healthy Girl’s Kitchen – Healthy Girl’s Kitchen includes an audience of readers looking to stay healthy in body and mind. There are a number of vegetarian recipes, stories, cooking advice, and product tips.
29. Brazen Kitchen – Brazen Kitchen is written by a blogger who wants to “show you how vegetable epicuria can have as powerful pleasurable moan-inducing potential as the meat-centric kind.” Her recipes are inventive and range from savory breakfast dishes to sweet treats.
30. Northern Veg – Northern Veg is written Fanny, a Swede who embraces Nordic food, especially vegetable dishes.
31. Sweet on Veg – Sweet on Veg’s author, Jennifer, encourages others to think about the origin of their food. She recommends a diet rich in fresh, plant-based foods.
32. The First Mess – The First Mess is devoted to eating seasonal foods, especially fruits and vegetables. The blog includes apple recipes for autumn, cabbage for winter, radishes for spring, and tomato recipes for the summer.
33. The Sustainable Sweet and Savory Gourmet – The Sustainable Sweet and Savory Gourmet is Angie, who started this blog as a way to explore writing and cooking on a deeper level. She realized that sustainable practices were important to her and included this as part of her blog.
34. Preety’s Kitchen – Preety’s Kitchen offers a variety of recipes from stir-fry to mango lassis. Several Indian dishes are highlights.
35. Berry Ripe — Berry Ripe is a collaborative venture that has very special mission to make the world a healthier place. They think staying healthy shouldn’t have to be a hassle. Pop in for a 20-minute vegetarian or vegan dinner recipe! Enjoy articles and video tutorials.
36. The Alkaline Sisters – The Alkaline Sisters went on a journey together to create health in their lives. They focus on alkalizing and the ph balance while sharing recipes on a colorful, inviting site.
37. Culinary Karma – Culinary Karma is the gorgeous work and passion of Carly Morgan. While she shares delicious almost-vegan recipes, she’s also deeply invested in spreading a very special message: relaxation, love, appreciation, and gratitude, are what truly heal the body.
38. Mixed Greens – Mixed Greens is a meaningful, delightful blog on sustainable practices and vegetarian foods. The stories and writing enhance the recipes.
39. Veg Kitchen – Veg Kitchen’s Nava explores vegetarian and vegan recipes in a well-organized site. There are suggestions for kids and teens going vegetarian or vegan and plenty of recipes to choose from.
40. A Veggie Venture – A Veggie Venture offers recipes for soups, appetizers, and salads, along with weight watchers information and a section dedicated entirely to pumpkin.
41. Pure Vegetarian by Lakshmi – Pure Vegetarian by Lakshmi is Lakshmi’s forum to express the notion of food as reflection of the values in our culture. She brings her background in yoga and consciousness to the food she prepares.
42. The Lazy Vegetarian – The Lazy Vegetarian shares easy recipes for people who want to prepare good food while spending the least amount of time possible in the kitchen. There is an occasional recipe with fish, but otherwise this is a vegetarian blog.
43. Happy Cow Veggie Blog – The Happy Cow Veggie Blog provides information on restaurants and resources around the world, articles, and recipes.
44. Color Wheel Meals – Color Wheel Meals provides delicious dessert recipes. The blogger dedicates her life to the health and happiness for herself and family.
45. Woman in Real Life – Woman in Real Life, Jo, is a freelancer writer who has been vegetarian for over twenty years. She offers recipes and posts about her vegetarian life.
46. Vegetable Japan – Vegetable Japan is the blog of a Nova Scotia vegetarian who lived in Japan for nine years. She posts vegetarian, gluten-free recipes. Much of the content is vegan or can be made vegan, and she offers resources for human rights and free speech as well.
47. The Vegetarian Tree: The Fruit is Good! – The Vegetarian Tree – The Fruit is Good! was designed to help people transitioning to a vegetarian, vegan, or raw diet. The blog focuses on the integration of vegetables into the diet and includes tips, nutrition facts, and recipes.
48. Green Gourmet Giraffe – Green Gourmet Giraffe is the personal blog of Johanna, who has been a vegetarian for 22 years. She finds connections between food and other areas of her life and enjoys exploring a variety of recipes.
49. Tastefully Veggie – Tastefully Veggie is an exclusive blog of Indian vegetarian recipes. It has easy, quick, fresh, and healthy Indian dishes to give a unique perspective on the vegetarian diet.
We’re always open to suggestions. Feel free to email us and post your favorite Vegetarian Blogs in the comments below!
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
© Institute For The Psychology of Eating, All Rights Reserved, 2014