Top 50 Paleo Blogs
Here are our picks for Top 50 Paleo Blogs. Please enjoy! Here at The Institute for the Psychology of Eating, we’re on a mission to forever change the way the world understands food, body and health.
We’re “diet agnostic” – meaning we do our best to honor and support the wisdom and usefulness of ANY dietary approach that people choose to practice. The Institute for the Psychology of Eating is the world’s only online school dedicated to a progressive, positive, holistic understanding of eating psychology and nutrition. Unique and revolutionary in its approach, the Institute teaches students and professionals how to effectively work with the most common and compelling eating challenges of our times – weight, body image, overeating, binge eating, emotional eating, endless dieting, digestion, fatigue, immunity, mood and much more.
The Institute features an internationally acclaimed distance learning professional offering – the Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training – along with well loved online programs for the public, including Transform Your Relationship with Food. No matter what nutritional system you follow, we all have a relationship with food that profoundly impacts our behavior and metabolism. If you’re interested in learning more about the work we do, please check out our FREE Video Series called The Dynamic Eating Psychology Breakthrough. You can sign up for it HERE. The list below for Top 50 Paleo Blogs is in no particular order. They’re all ranked highly in our eyes!
Been selected? Want to share this badge on your website?
Just copy and paste the code below!
Top 50 Paleo Blogs
1. Everyday Paleo – Everyday Paleo has number of contributors, all of whom have first-hand experience living a paleo lifestyle. The majority of the recipes on the blog are posted by Sarah Fragoso, who writes about preparing family-friendly Paleo meals.
2. Chris Kresser, L.Ac – Chris Kresser is licensed acupuncturist and practitioner of integrative medicine. He started his blog in 2008 to help spread the word about health myths promoted by the media and the medical establishment.
3. Mark’s Daily Apple – Mark’s Daily Apple’s creator, Mark Sisson, writes about living a primal lifestyle in a modern world. He has also written a popular book, The Primal Blueprint, which is written for individuals looking for weight loss, improved health, and more energy through a primal diet.
4. Robb Wolf – Robb Wolf wrote the extremely popular book The Paleo Solution – The Original Human Diet. His blog includes posts about living a paleo lifestyle and training. It also links to Robb’s well-known Paleo Solution Podcast.
5. Perfect Health Diet – Perfect Health Diet’s writers, Shou-Ching Shih and Paul Jaminet, are passionate about Paleo diet and health – especially how they healed their own health issues through good diet. Both Shou Ching and Paul are scientists, which is reflected in their writing.
6. Rubies and Radishes – Rubies and Radishes, formerly known as “30 Days of Paleo,” is a great resource for individuals new to paleo living. Arsy writes about her experience eating a paleo diet and includes a variety of delicious recipes.
7. The Paleo Plan – The Paleo Plan Blog aims to make “eating Paleo as easy as possible”. There are a couple of contributors to the Paleo Plan, including a Paleo Coach, a website developer who follows a Paleo lifestyle, a recipe developer and tester, and CrossFit instructor.
8. Primal Toad – Primal Toad is about living a primal lifestyle, which Todd, the author, defines as eating a diet similar to hunter-gatherer ancestors. When it comes to living a healthy life, Todd also focuses on getting enough sleep and engaging in fitness activities that are fun.
9. Whole Health Source – Whole Health Source belongs to Stephen Guyenet, a researcher in the field of obesity. His posts tend toward the scientific side of nutrition and health, but often discuss issues relevant to a Paleo lifestyle.
10. The Paleo Diet – The Paleo Diet team is made up of experts on the Paleo diet and lifestyle. The blog contains scientific findings supporting Paleo living, as well as practical tips for implementing a Paleo lifestyle.
11. PaleoBlocks – The creators of Paleoblocks have dedicated their lives to the Paleo diet and overall lifestyle, and we’re here to help friends or anyone else who might be interested in learning more about all things Paleo.
12. FED – FED is a blog written by a man who embraced Paleo/Primal/Caveman living after reading the book “The Paleo Diet.” Blog posts include recipes, reviews of restaurants serving Paleo food, and general thoughts on living a Paleo lifestyle.
13. The Domestic Man – The Domestic Man is Russ Crandall, founder and editor of this blog devoted to his pursuit of a diet based on the Paleo Diet. Russ believes the Paleo diet helps him feel less domesticated and more connected to nature and the human lineage.
14. The Primal Parent – The Primal Parent follows one woman’s journal to eat a Primal diet and share that diet and lifestyle with her family. She also writes about following a Primal diet during pregnancy.
15. Nom Nom Paleo – Nom Nom Paleo is great looking site written by Michelle Tam. Michelle posts delicious Paleo recipes and photos, as well as commenting on how to eat Paleo at restaurants and offering kitchen advice for keeping a Paleo-kitchen.
16. Food Lovers Kitchen – Food Lovers Kitchen is the brainchild of Hayley Mason and Bill Staley, self-described Paleo foodies. They have written the Paleo cookbook “Make it Paleo” and also maintain this extensive Paleo recipe blog.
17. Paleo Parents – Paleo Parents is written by a family following a Paleo lifestyle to address their health issues — and because they have a strong belief in biology and evolution. The tagline of the site is also the title of their book, Eat Like a Dinosaur.
18. Life as a Plate – Life as a Plate is written by a woman who follows a diet that is gluten-free and full of real food — and a lifestyle that could be described as Primal or Paleo. Her blog features many recipes, some book reviews, musings about Crossfit, and tales from her family life.
19. Cave Girl Eats – Cave Girl Eats features Liz, a Nutrition Therapist, who share with others the ease, fun, and health benefits of a Paleo. Liz also maintains that living a Paleo lifestyle is “all about gratitude – loving and appreciating the amazing foods that are provided for us on this incredible planet.”
20. Primal Kitchen – The Primal Kitchen documents one family’s approach to eating a Primal diet. Recipes are frequently posted, as are posts on Crossfit and other elements of living a Primal lifestyle.[su_note_box_grey_border_box_green_border note_color=”#F6f7f7″ text_color=”#404040″]We hope you’re enjoying our Top 50 Paleo Blogs list! Here at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, we’re on a mission to forever change the way the world relates to food, body and health through a whole new approach called Dynamic Eating Psychology, and forever change the way you relate to food, your body and your health. Access this Free Video Series HERE.[/su_note_box_grey_border_box_green_border]
21. Cave Momma – Cave Momma is written by a woman who wants to support other parents as they work towards a healthy lifestyle for themselves and their family. She shares recipes and tips for staying organized that help families stick to a Primal lifestyle.
22. Practical Paleo – Practical Paleo is for readers wanting to follow a Paleo diet on a budget. Many of the posts are helpful menu tips, or examples of how to spend less money when shopping for a Paleo diet.
23. The Paleo Periodical – The Paleo Periodical includes posts on Paleo news, research, controversy, recipes, and fitness, as well as the blogger’s personal experience with following a Primal diet in real-life.
24. Hunt Gather Love – Hunt Gather Love’s Melissa McEwen recently pointed out in a blog post that she is not “Paleo,” yet her writing is often referenced when talking about evolutionary biology or Paleo/Primal lifestyle.
25. Following My Nose – Following My Nose is the nose of Patty Strilaeff. Patty started the blog prior to following a Paleo diet, yet now most of her diet has evolved to Paleo. Many of the posts include Paleo recipes and Paleo book reviews.
26. Train Your Body-Change Your Life – The owner of this blog, Kim, went through a personal transformation of feeling very unhealthy to becoming a well-qualified sports and nutrition specialist. She writes about her new Paleo lifestyle – with in-depth information about exercise and nutrition.
27. Paleoista – Paleoista is Nell Stephenson, who calls herself the “original” Paleoista. She collaborated with Dr. Cordain in the development of the book The Paleo Diet. On her blog, Nell writes about the Paleo diet and her experiences as a fitness and nutrition consultant.
28. Balanced Bites – Balanced Bites was started by a holistic nutritionist and fitness trainer, and this blog offers recipes, advice, podcasts, nutrition facts, and shopping lists focused on a Paleo diet.
29. Paleo for Women – Paleo for Women’s mission is “to advocate an evolutionary perspective for health.” The bloggers regularly emphasize the theme that a Paleo diet helps a woman work with her body instead of against it.
30. Whole Nine – The Whole Nine website and blog is maintained by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. The dietary recommendations that they make are based on the Paleo diet but put a greater emphasis on diet rather than on paleolithic history.
31. Gnolls – Gnolls features J. Staton, who regularly writes about the Paleo movement as it relates to diet, exercise, and connecting to human heritage.
32. Julianne’s Paleo & Zone Nutrition – Julianne’s Paleo & Zone Nutrition blog combines information about the Paleo and the Zone diets. It is written by a blogger in New Zealand who is interested in nutrition and provides Paleo Zone consultations.
33. That Paleo Guy – That Paleo Guy is Jamie Scott, a health writer and researcher living in New Zealand. Jamie also maintains an exercise and nutrition consulting practice where he connects folks to the Paleo lifestyle.
34. Primalmeded – Primalmeded is written by a new medical doctor who works to reconcile conventional medical wisdom with evolutionary concepts.
35. Paleo Comfort Foods – Paleo Comfort Foods is written by two home cooks who follow a Paleo diet. Their blog led to the 2011 publication of a book with the same title.
36. Steve’s Original – Steve’s Original produces Paleo snack packs that provide individuals with a way to eat Paleo on-the-go. The blog covers news about their products and information about living a Paleo lifestyle.
37. Civilized Caveman Cooking – Civilized Caveman Cooking is a blog of recipes appropriate for a Paleo diet. The site also contains practical information about the Paleo Diet and what to stock in a Paleo Pantry.
38. PaleOMG – PaleOMG is primarily a Paleo diet recipe blog with a few posts about the bloggers personal life and training schedule. The blog is fun to read as the blogger lets her humor shine through in each post.
39. Health-Bent – Health Bent is a source for all natural, all Paleo recipes. The site ldoes an excellent job of posting recipes that truly are delicious.
40. Free the Animal – Free the Animal is about “Expressing Your Primal Genes for Leanness, Health and Vitality.” The blogger has a background in business Administration, was commissioned in the US Navy after graduating from college, and later went on to start his own business. This blog is the result of his passion for Paleo diet.[su_note_box_grey_border_box_green_border note_color=”#F6f7f7″ text_color=”#404040″]Do you like our Top 50 Paleo Blogs list? Then you’ll LOVE Dynamic Eating Psychology, and forever change the way you relate to food, your body and your health. Access this Free Video Series HERE.[/su_note_box_grey_border_box_green_border]
41. The Clothes Make the Girl – In her own words, Melissa Joulwan is “on a mission to be a superfit, well-fed, dressed-to-kill, glossy-haired, rock-n-roll, tart-tongued detective.” Her blog not only has “dino-chow” (her word for Paleo) recipes, but also serves as a site to find inspiration for everyday life and descriptive CrossFit workouts.
42. Modern Paleo Warfare – Modern Paleo Warfare is a blog exactly as it describes: “Paleo and Primal rages, rants and recipes from two UK Crossfitters.” Finn and Greg take a humorous, if not a bit raunchy, approach to blogging and the “caveman” lifestyle.
43. Fast Paleo – Fast Paleo was established to provide a site where all people could find and post all Paleo recipes in a fast and easy way. They are interested in creating a strong Paleo community and getting the word out about living primal.
44. Ancestralize Me – The creator of Ancestralize Me, Laura, is a graduate student of Public Health Nutrition who believes the Paleo diet leads to optimal health and a variety of other benefits. Her blog includes recipes, reviews, and guest blog posts to take the reader on “adventure into the world of ancestral health.”
45. Cavegirl Cuisine – Cavegirl Cuisine is written by a stay at home mom with a passion for cooking, nutrition, and CrossFit. Her blog is easy to navigate and she puts an emphasis on clean, Paleo eating.
46. Swiss Paleo – Written by the “Paleo Gang,” a group of three women living in Switzerland, the blog provides many recipes, a descriptive shopping guide, and a page called “The Pantry” that offers items that the Paleo dieter cannot live without.
47. Modern Paleo – After discovering that cutting out gluten eliminated her debilitating migraines, Diana switched her diet over to Paleo and believes in the positive change that can come when one begins to eat primally. The blog provides basic “Paleo Principles” as well as weekly posts about the best Paleo blogs and posts written by objectivists on health, fitness and nutrition.
48. Paleo Pot – Paleo Pot’s mission is to deliver recipes on delicious and easy-to-make meals so that time is never a variable when living the Paleo lifestyle.
49. Primal Pal – Meet Chris and Chad, who show you how to start a Paleo diet without stress about what you can and can’t eat on a daily basis. They also give valuable tips to those following the Paleo diet who are looking for ideas to avoid eating the same foods over and over again.
We’re always open to suggestions. Feel free to email us and post your favorite Raw Food Blogs in the comments below!
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
© Institute For The Psychology of Eating, All Rights Reserved, 2014
Get Your FREE Video Series
New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food