The Secret Psychology of Supplements
I absolutely love taking supplements – meaning all kinds of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and a long list of fascinating food concentrates and natural substances. After 3 decades of working within the vitamin industry as a consultant in product development and formulation, and spending an equal amount of time in clinical nutrition and eating psychology, I feel somewhat qualified to share some insights, critiques, and musings with you about the hidden science and psychology behind popping pills.
In the video below, I think you’ll hear some information on this topic that the big companies and the expert practitioners won’t tell you.
Here’s just a few supplement tips you’ll learn:
· Supplements are powerful packets of “energy and information”
· Always consider following the “5 Supplement Rule”
· Supplements are like drugs – it’s often best to use them in “Cycles”
· It may be better to NOT take your supplements 7 days per week
· The absorption of a supplement is powerfully influenced by whether or not we are in a physiologic relaxation or a stress response
· The placebo effect – what you think and believe when you take a supplement has a profound influence on it’s effectiveness
My warmest regards,
- Are you following the 5-Supplement rule? Tweet
NOW AVAILABLE: SPECIAL 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
The Slow Down Diet: Eating for Pleasure, Energy, and Weight Loss
Get My Book!
Get Your FREE Video Series
New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food
P.S. – If you haven’t had a chance to check out our FREE information packed video series – The Dynamic Eating Psychology Breakthrough – you can sign up for it HERE. It’s a great way to get a better sense of the work we do here at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating. If you’re inspired by this work and want to learn about how you can become certified as an Eating Psychology Coach, please go HERE to learn more. And if you’re interested in working on your own personal relationship with food, check out our breakthrough 8-week program designed for the public – Transform Your Relationship with Food™ HERE.