Emily Rosen here, Director of the Institute. First I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to anyone reading this. None of what I am about to talk about would be possible without you. I am so grateful for the tremendous amount of support that we have received in our mission to forever change the way the world relates to food, body and health. It truly warms my heart and inspires me each and every day. It has not always been easy, but it is always worth it, and that is because of those of you who have reached out with encouragement and let us know how your lives have been transformed. So thank you and WOW, what a whirlwind year this has been.
Taking Time to Reflect
One of the things I love about the start of the new year is that it serves as a marker to reflect on where one has been, to where one is now. Without taking the time to stop and reflect, life can easily become a blur, and our existence can be a constant focus on “what’s next.” I think it is crucial that we take the time to really feel into all that’s transpired in our personal world and the world around us, at the very least on a yearly basis. So important to remember to remember…
For me, this has been a year of accelerated growth both professionally and personally.
- At The Institute for the Psychology of Eating, we produced 3 online conferences serving over 150,000 people, including the Future of Nutrition Conference and the Eating Psychology Conference.
- We launched IPEtv – an online TV show with weekly episodes that’s been so fun to create. We’re really excited to build this out over the next year.
- We enrolled the 3rd year of our Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training as an online training with a record number of amazing students from all over the world. This training has truly changed my life and I’m so thrilled that more and more people are getting to experience it’s medicine without the limitation of location.
- We launched a great new public program, Transform Your Relationship with Food, and have already had hundreds of participants.
- We relaunched our website – what a labor of love, along w/ some creative turmoil!
- We also launched a new venture, The Institute for Conscious Sexuality and Relationship, and The Conscious Sexuality and Relationship Conference, which I learned so much from creating. More to come on this one for sure…
- We spoke at various events all over the country and are really seeing a shift around the embracing of eating psychology in more mainstream environments.
- We’ve met so many people who are serving the world doing vital work, raising consciousness, and who are committed to making planet Earth a better place. Very inspiring…
- Marc is well into his next book and I’ve been doing more creative work – which feeds my soul…
There’s a quote that says something to this effect: we overestimate what we can do in a day, and underestimate what we can achieve in a lifetime.
I think this is so true.
Personally this has been an intense year. I’ve experienced some of the highest highs and lowest lows. And I feel so much stronger and clearer for it.
Really grateful to have such an amazing partner, family and tribe on this ride called life.
It is so crucial to surround yourself with people who love you, get you, and want the best for you. We here at the Institute are doing our best to create supportive community and are always open to your suggestions about how we can do better. We’re in this together!
I don’t know where we will be at this time next year.
I set goals and intentions for sure, but I’ve also learned to simply trust the flow and let life guide me. Feels so good to be used by the universe…
If you read through this whole message THANK YOU!
I so appreciate you taking the time to do so and I would love to hear from you.
In the comments below, please let us know something you felt particularly proud of accomplishing this year.
I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you better over the coming year.
Director of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating
Get Your FREE Video Series
New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food
P.S. If you haven’t had a chance to check out our FREE information-packed video series, The Dynamic Eating Psychology Breakthrough, you can sign up for it HERE. It’s a great way to get a better sense of the work we do here at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating. If you’re inspired by this work and want to learn about how you can become certified as an Eating Psychology Coach, please go HERE to learn more. And if you’re interested in working on your own personal relationship with food, check out our breakthrough 8-week program designed for the public, Transform Your Relationship with Food, HERE.