Top 100 Self-Help Blogs
Here are our picks for Top 100 Self-Help Blogs. Please enjoy! Here at The Institute for the Psychology of Eating, we’re on a mission to forever change the way the world understands food, body and health.
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating is the world’s only online school dedicated to a progressive, positive, holistic understanding of eating psychology and nutrition. Unique and revolutionary in its approach, the Institute teaches students and professionals how to effectively work with the most common and compelling eating challenges of our times – weight, body image, overeating, binge eating, emotional eating, endless dieting, digestion, fatigue, immunity, mood and much more.
The Institute features an internationally acclaimed distance learning professional offering – the Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training – along with well loved online programs for the public, including Transform Your Relationship with Food. No matter what nutritional system you follow, we all have a relationship with food that profoundly impacts our behavior and metabolism. If you’re interested in learning more about the work we do, please check out our FREE Video Series called The Dynamic Eating Psychology Breakthrough. You can sign up for it HERE. The list below for Top 100 Self-Help Blogs is in no particular order. They’re all ranked highly in our eyes!
Been selected? Want to share this badge on your website?
Just click the box below, copy and paste!
Top Self Help Blogs
1. TinyBuddha – Tiny Buddha is simple wisdom for complex lives. Founded by Lori Deschene, inspired by Buddhism, her blog provides wisdom, happiness, motivation, and ways to have a better, more mindful existence.
2. Psychology Today – The Psychology Today Blog is an online feature of Psychology Today Magazine. Editor in Chief Kaja Perina manages features that delve into most baffling part of humanity…our minds and how to deal with them.
3. Happiness Project – The Happiness Project was founded by Gretchen Rubin in her quest to teach the world how to find happiness. The Happiness Project shows us her daily adventures in find the brighter side of life.
4. In Pursuit of Happiness – In Pursuit of Happiness is run by Britt Reints. Part self-help and part travel blog, Reints uses her experiences in travel to show the way to happiness by exploring the world and ourselves.
5. Meant to be Happy – Ken Wert’s blog Meant to be Happy illustrates his daily means to strive for happiness in his life and how he wishes to share those ways with the rest of the world.
6. The Change Blog – The Change Blog, personal project of Peter Clemens, showcases his methods on getting one’s life in order. If your life feels broken and unfulfilled, The Change Blog can show you the path to change.
7. The School of Life – The Skool of Life. Catchy, huh? Class is in session with Srinivas Rao as he teaches you to ride the waves toward a fulfilled life and making a dent in the universe.
8. Positivity Blog – Henrik Edberg from Sweden, gives us The Positivity Blog, a blog that teaches those who need a boost of self esteem to become a little more motivated and become a little happier.
9. The Spread Happy – The love child of Andi, The Spread Happy blog is a journey into the art of healing. Healing of both body and soul. Learn to live in a content and peaceful state.
10. Finding Happiness – Todd Patkin, author of Finding Happiness, brings us his blog, Guide to the Good Life. Happiness seems so elusive nowadays but his blog can show us the way to finding true happiness.
11. Shake off the Grind – Shake off the Grid and Begin to thrive was made by Joe Wilner with the mission of empowering people to take leaps of faith, build confidence, and discover their full potential
12. Positive Provocations – The little piece of heaven of Zeenat Merchant-Syal, Positive Provocations is a blog that urges its reader to be the best they can be to grow in a healthy and spiritual way.
13. Personal Excellence – Personal Excellence was founded by Celestine Chua. For those who desire to reach their full potential in their lives and wish to live for the very best, this is the blog for you.
14. Marc and Angel Hack Life – Marc and Angel Hack Life, edgy title is it not? Run by Marc and Angel, their blog’s goal is to provide insights into the journey of life and help you reach your goals.
15. Mazzastick – The author and creator of the Mazzastick blog is Justin Mazza. His job is to show us the connection each of has to the rest of humanity. Behold…the Awakening is upon us.
16. Live Bold and Bloom – Barrie Davenport writes about inspiring personal growth and getting outside of your comfort zone at Live Bold and Bloom. The work here encourages her readers to grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually by doing those things, which at first may seem too bold. She hopes to challenge you to shift your thinking so you can fear less and live more.
17. The Bold Life – The Bold Life is a blog founded by Tess Marshall with the goal of inspiring and developing both on a personal and spiritual level. We must let go of fear and take Bold action.
18. Deva Coaching – Light the fire within, with Sandi Amorim and her intense blog Deva Coaching. Get ready to improve your life Now! Without fear! Free yourself from excuses and reasons and get ready to shine!
19. Advanced Life Skills – Advanced Life Skills is the creation of Jonathan Wells with the goal of making people in the world experience their own cultural growth. Achieving your goals is simpler than you thought.
20. Strictly Stress Management – Strictly Stress Management. A professional blog that is run by the Metanoia Wellness Corporation, with a single goal in mind, finding ways to remove stress and enrich your life and your health.
21. 17000 Days – 17000 days is a unique blog with a countdown. Life is a short and precious thing and Cara Stein wants to remind us to take advantage of each and every day.
22. Faces of Beauty – What is truly beautiful? The Faces of Beauty blog attempts to answer that question. With the help of Heather, discover your own true beauty and learn to appreciate it for what it is.
23. Operation Beautiful – We are all Beautiful. Caitlin Boyle tries to show us this with her blog: Operation Beautiful. Negative Self-Talk is something Caitlin wishes to end and she shares her positive outlook with all of us.
24. Nourishing the Soul – Hungry for some healing? Nourishing the Soul, a blog written by Ashley, sends us positive advice on eating disorders and how to nourish body and soul in healthier, better, way.
25. MyMiBoSo – Sabrina Bolin brings us MyMiBoSo, a blog on Mind, Body and Soul. Learn how to smile and enjoy life and connect with the beauty that surrounds us all. Tap into your inner joy.
26. I Am Guiltless – Let go of your guilt with Guiltless, a blog by Elizabeth and Stephanie. Fill your body and mind with the good food of learning to love yourself and your own body.
27. The Daily Love – The Daily Love is the creation of Mastin Kipp to give us a daily dose of love. He embarked on a grand adventure, culling wisdom from across history and is now sharing it with us.
28. The Happy Seeker – The creation of Christopher Foster is the The Happy Seeker. For some, their defining purpose is to find purpose in life. The is blog can help them on their search for meaning.
29. Powered by Intution – Powered by Intuition. With the help of it’s creator Angela Artemis, discover intuition as the key to improving your life and your career attain success in any aspect of your life.
30. Abundance Tapestry – Abundance Tapestry is made by Evelyn Lim. Its focus is to inspire people to live abundantly. To choose the alternative path away from the mainstream and move with intuitiveness and happiness.
31. Motivational Memo – Peter G. James Sinclair gives us the Motivational Memo blog, whose goal is to pursue to uniqueness in every person and to discover their passion and to discover their strengths.
32. Simple Marriage – Corey Allen wants to have a simple marriage and he does this with his blog, Simple Marriage, a blog dedicated to keeping life and marriage simple, passionate, spiritual, communal, and enjoyable.
33. Pick The Brain – Editor in Chief Erin Falconer gives us Pick the Brain, a blog that focuses on self-help, but in a broader sense. It gives us ideas about how we can make our lives better.
34. To Write Love on Her Arms – To Write Love on Her Arms is an absolutely incredible non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and invest directly into treatment and recovery.
35. Small Hands Big Ideas – Small Hands, Big Ideas, a blog made by Grace Boyle. She gives us a blog where pleasure and social responsibility coexist, and where one can learn about inspiration and career and relationship advice.
36. Brad Aronson – Inspirational stories about life and work – Brad Aronson provides inspirational stories about people who make a difference and lessons for all of us about how we can be happier and have a positive impact on the lives of others.
37. The Happiest Mom – Megan Francis, mother of five, writes The Happiest Mom. A blog about the many joys and pleasures and challenges that motherhood has to offer and advice on how to adapt and enjoy all of them.
38. Woman Seeks World – Woman Seeks World is a blog by Nicole who wants to show us a path to happiness and a way to follow our dreams. Leave the rat race and be happy.
39. Self Help Daily – Self Help Daily, a blog by Joi Tania Sigers. She wants us to learn from our mistakes and make ourselves stronger by them and to make the world a better place for everyone.
40. Jungle of Life – Lance Ekum wants to help us on the safari of life with his blog Jungle of Life. His goal is to take your life to the next level and in a new direction.
41. Mid Life Crisis Queen – Laura Lee takes us to the blog, MidLife Crisis Queen, in order to help us manifest our own unique visions and to discover our own boundless potential and apply it to our lives.
42. Self Help Zone – A large, well organized website, The Self Help Zone has a vast array of resources to help someone get their life back on track or simply on track for the first time.
43. Remodeling This Life – Emily writes the Remodeling This Life blog. A blog about simplifying your life and living a life with more frugality and being more content with what you have. Simplify, Simplify.
44. Cynthia Occelli – LIFE. That is the name of Cynthia Occelli’s blog, that tells us that life is not for the faint of heart. It is about living and following your own path to greatness.
45. Find Your Organic Soul – Odette Worrell and Michelle Cramer helps us discover which path will help us achieve positive and permanent success by looking at how all areas of our lifes are connected.
46. Life Coach on the Go – Emma-Louise advanced from successful corporate employee to successful business owner and from complaining about her situation to taking personal responsibility and doing something about it. She shines as a Certified Life Coach, and her blog is an expansive resource of wisdom and tips for anyone interested in self-development.
47. Arianna’s Random Thoughts – Arianna believes that the art of storytelling is a compelling way to pass along knowledge. She writes on how to overcome obstacles during our life journey and how important it is to support each other through the process.
48. Maverick Point – Maverick Point is a blog written to empower others to live to their greatest potential, and to share the universal truths of conscious living.
49. Superhero Journal with Andrea Scher – Andrea Scher’s tagline at the Superhero Journal is “No Capes, Just Courage.” Her beautiful work is all about helping you finding power in your vulnerability, the place where uncertainty and hopeful hearts collide. She offers workshops and classes, books and daily inspirations. Try downloading the free Superhero Manifesto to brighten your day.
50. Medical Marzipan with Mara Glatzel – Mara Glatzel, a self-love coach, is out to share an amazing and powerful message: Deep down, we are much more powerful than we are able to believe. Her work focuses on supporting others in enhancing their creativity, body loving awareness, and authentic living as they begin to re-author the rules of their lives, and create something beautiful and unique in life.
51. Roots of She – Roots of She is a collection of true stories & tender wisdom — for women, by women. It’s also a digital portal for divine self-discovery — with free tools, seasonal e-courses, meditation kits & private coaching for women who want to live simply, and simply live. Creator Jenn Gibson writes, teaches & coaches by a simple credo: no matter what you’re facing, you are not alone.
52. Blog of Tim Ferris – Tim Ferris is well known for his insanely productive experiments in lifestyle design, as well as his bestselling books “The 4-Hour Work Week” and “The 4-Hour Body”. His blog covers a range of topics for folks looking to improve their business and health.
53. Paid to Exist – Jonathan Mead writes Paid to Exist, a very stylish blog offering insights and advice on how to get paid to be you. This is useful for anyone ready to live and work on their own terms by removing the separation between what they get paid to do and what they love to do.
54. Exile Lifestyle – Colin Wright is as a full-time traveler on the Exile Lifestyle. He writes about all-things human as he learns while he travels. He’s dedicated to concepts of design, creativity, and minimalism.
55. Karen Salmansohn – Karen Salmansohn writes “self-help for people who wouldn’t be caught dead doing self-help.” Her blog is full of vibrant images that offer inspirational quotes and ideas leading to the ultimate, powerful personal mantra: Be Happy, Dammit! (Just so happens to be the title of one of her books too)
56. Christine Kane – Christine Kane, a former singer-songwriter specializes in mentoring women and is the president and founder of a company committed to the empowerment of entrepreneurs. She writes about conscious living.
57. Unclutterer – This blog is about getting and staying organized. It helps readers clear the clutter from their lives: “A place for everything, and everything in its place is our gospel.”
58. The Bridge Maker – The BridgeMaker connects those looking to celebrate personal change, be it in their faith, work or daily lives. Written by Alex Blackwell, it keeps focused on inspirations, forgiveness and appreciating every moment.
59. Good Clean Love – Written by Good-Clean-Love’s founder, Wendy Strgar, this blog is all about making our intimate relationships sustainable, learning how to communicate, negotiate and master shared difficulties and challenges — and learning the art of love.
60. Project Happily Every After – Alisa Bowman writes about happiness, balance, spirituality, and parenthood in an effort to create a community and soul sounding board. She began with the intention that she didn’t want others to feel alone and despairing when it comes to navigating difficult relationships.
61. The Daily Good – The Daily Good gathers positive and uplifting news from around the world. Their philosophy is quite simple: “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” The entire project is fully run by dedicated volunteers who contribute hundreds of hours finding the right stories and quotes to brighten your day.
62. Play With the World – Shannon Kaiser invites you to go on a Therapeutic Adventure for the Soul. She is the author of Find Your Happy, an Inspirational Guide to Loving Life to Its Fullest. She’s on a mission to help others find peace and fulfillment by being themselves.
63. Gala Darling – This place gets a lot of traffic – and no wonder, its underlying mission is The Radical Self Love Project. Believe it or not, Gala Darling started as a fashion blog and over-time has evolved into an encouraging space for women to fall in love with themselves.
64. On Being – On Being is an inspirational in-depth conversation about religion, meaning, ethics, and ideas related to the public radio project delving into the human side of the news. The blog is full of photos, quotes, stories, and the occasional video to put life into perspective.
65. Life By Me – This is a collaborative space intent on asking the question “What is most meaningful to you?” The answers change every day. They connect with world leaders, moms, Nobel Peace Prize recipients, fishermen, teenagers, designers, prison inmates, media moguls and you.
66. 365 til 30 – Kate McClafferty started this site as a place to document the goals she wanted to accomplish in the year leading up to her 30th birthday. Going from Can’t to Can in every aspect. In creating the site, she created a space for encouraging others to “turn their dreams into plans”.
67. Manifest Station Yoga – The Manifest Station asks you to consider what you’re manifesting. The creator, Jennifer Pastiloff, takes a yogic bent in encouraging others to seriously grow in life, but also remembering not to take life too seriously.
68. Tiffany Han Coaching – Tiffany Han is a life and business coach for people seeking to live more creatively. Her blog helps readers explore their creativity, and provides inspiration for anyone looking to enjoy their best life.
69. Matthew Ferry – The work of Matthew Ferry focuses on helping people shift their mindset in order to obtain their goals. His posts, which include both written video posts, aim to inspire action and encourage happiness and success.
70. A Daring Adventure – Tim Brownson is a life coach, specializing in helping people get unstuck. His blog is frequently updated with useful and realistic hints for enjoying life to support the discovery of your personal calling.
71. Kinfolk Magazine
If you haven’t heard about this new movement about gatherings, and sharing food and life, please consider this your invitation. A growing community of artists produces this great, this quarterly print and tablet entertaining publication, with a shared interest in small gatherings. A true source of inspiration! Start your own gathering.
72. Personal Development with Fred Tracy – Fred Tracy writes to help people live better lives and also to create opportunities to learn from others. His blog is full of self-help tips that cover everything from how to meditate to how to obtain financial freedom.
73. A Flourishing Life: Practical Wisdom for Clarity, Freedom & Happiness – Psychotherapist Gail Brenner, shares her ideas for creating a life of inner peace, happiness, and fulfillment. There are many resources here for your inspiration, including the blog, guided audio meditations, and a Q+A section.
74. The Daily Awe – Lindsay Curtis, a spiritual intuitive, empath, and Reiki practitioner living in Toronto, is the author on the Daily Awe. Her posts are rich with content and often end with questions to encourage reflection and further personal exploration, in the art of intuitive guidance for everyday life.
75. Reflecting a Life – Reflecting on Life shares important life lessons through motivation and encouragement to help you create the life you want. Where to begin? Elle says it’s as simple as answering a single question.
76. Penelope Trunk – Penelope Trunk has co-founded three start-ups, one of which is the very popular Brazen Careerist. She writes on this blog about finding your dream career, being productive, relationships, homeschooling, and living on a farm in Wisconsin.
77. Advanced Riskology: Better Living Through Uncertainty – This blog is the mind-child of Tyler Vooren, and encourages its readers to embrace the unknown. Advanced Riskology supports you to do things outside of your comfort zones in order to discover the opportunity to learn, grow, and enjoy life success.
78. Expert Enough: Just Enough to Be Dangerous – Expert Enough is for readers who want to collect endeavors and life skills. They believe that we are all capable of so much more than we think and they want to support you in digging in deep and manifesting your expertise. The work here covers how-to tips on a variety of topics including, technology, media, psychology, fitness, and food.
79. Dragos Roua – Dragos Roua writes about his past, present and future, which includes a lot of living through crossroads and a few mistakes. His posts encourage self-reflection and he conveys this by weaving in stories about being a father, runner, entrepreneur, and a self-proclaimed personal development fanatic.
80. Simple Mindfulness – The premise of this blog explains that by making simple changes and taking mindful steps, we can all live happier and more fulfilling lives. Paige Burkes created this space to support others working towards healthy relationships, self-love, and full acceptance.
81. Make it Happen – Arvind Devalia is commited to helping his blog readers discover their deepest purpose. His writings urge people to go “deep” to improve their own lives, as well as to make the world a better place.
82. Anne-Sophie – Anne-Sophie writes to help others experience true self-love and body-love. She has an amazing and compelling story. The posts on her blog promote realizing your own self-worth, building self-confidence, and believing in your own unique path.
83. 30 Year Old Ninja – This blog is written by Izzy: a man who quit his job, moved to Japan, and started following his own dream to become a real, live, modern-day ninja. Izzy’s posts are all dedicated to encouraging and inspiring others to live their own dreams. Make sure to check out his TEDx Talk.
84. Jamie | Living – Jamie Greenwood, CHHC, AADP is the Founder of JamieLiving, Food, Body & Lifestyle Coaching that offers private and corporate nutrition coaching nationwide. She is the author two e-cookbooks including How to Savor the Holidays While Saving Your Waistline and You Sanity and is a frequent food & body expert on MindBodyGreen. “Unravel. Unearth. Unveil the piece of you that has been asking for light. For only in the excavation is their freedom and peace”.
85. Deliberate Receiving – Learn the Power of Love and search for the answers to true happiness in your life the blog of Melody Fletcher: Deliberate Receiving can provide you with the answers you seek.
86.Toni Snyder — A PhD and Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach, Toni helps midlife men and women create a foxy holistic nutrition, fitness and lifestyle balance that gives them the freedom to make their own health decisions and boldly live the life of their choosing.
87. Jon Paul Crimi – Jon is a health and fitness coach with 20 years in the field. He says, proper form and taking it slow are two principles that just can’t be ignored, and this is from a guy who’s learned how to bounce back from injury the hard way. He’s got some great instructional videos as well.
88. Jenn Winiarski – Jenn makes her home in British Columbia where she offers a coaching program based on a Healthy Body, Peaceful Mind and Inspired Living concept. She’s trained in mediation and conflict resolution and spent years as an endurance athlete, competing in and finishing some of the toughest adventure races on the planet.
89. Maria’s Kokoro – Marina grew up a Russian-Ukrainian immigrant in Boston and later travelled the world. Currently located in Japan, she coaches around rebuilding “confidence muscles around food” and learning to “trust your instincts” though a small non-profit and private wellness center running out of the heart of Tokyo.
90. KateNorthrup.com – Kate Northrup found that the secret to happy living is freeing yourself financially. She shares what she’s learned through the years in her blog and brings great advice to the table.
91. Do Something – This is a community where young people learn, listen, speak, vote, volunteer, ask, and leverage communications technologies to convert their ideas and energy into positive action. The goal is to inspire, empower and celebrate a generation of doers: teenagers who recognize the need to do something, believe in their ability to get it done, and then take action.
92. Kind Over Matter – Amanda runs the show here, a self-professed Kindness Advocate, inspiring others to lead authentic lives doing what they love & by sharing and by giving it a voice. Kind Over Matter is a community of loving souls changing the world & they would love to have you join in on their efforts.
93. The World Needs More Love Letters – “No matter how tough we act, we all still need a love letter from time to time.” Need a profound boost of positive good-feelings? This is a must-visit space, where strangers write love letters to one another and we all get a letter when we need it most.
94. Love Your Flawz – Their only mission at Love Your Flawz is to help everyone learn to love & embrace their flaws… Imperfect is the new perfect! Check out their inspirations, helpful stuff, videos and community pages!
95. Make the World Move – MTWM is a celebratory collaborative effort of shared inspiration from across the. Each month, experts bring their wisdom and advice to the community through blogs and videos on happiness, inspiration, personal growth, relationships, spirituality and well-being. MTWM celebrates all aspects of life and inspires people from across the globe to lead extraordinary lives.
We’re always open to suggestions. Feel free to email us and post your favorite Raw Food Blogs in the comments below!
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
© Institute For The Psychology of Eating, All Rights Reserved, 2014