The Institute for the Psychology of Eating does not endorse or promote any particular diet. Instead, we encourage the exploration of a wide variety of dietary approaches with the objective that each person discovers what works best for them. The list below is not in a particular order. We believe all of these blogs deserve a place on this list and are all ranked #1 in our eyes.
Been selected? Want to share this badge on your website?
Just copy and paste the code below!
<a href="http://psychologyofeating.com/best-natural-health-blogs/"><img alt="" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/ipe-images/top100-naturalhealth-blogs.png" /></a> <p style="font-size: 12px;">Learn why we’re not just a <a href="http://psychologyofeating.com/health-coach-training/">Health Coach Training Program</a></p>
Best Natural Health Blogs Blogs
1. Discovering Naturopathy – From the learning process to private practice, Discovering Naturopathy covers Dr. Richard Mountain’s journey to becoming a naturopathic doctor. It is now a valuable resource for aspiring doctors and patients alike.
2. Embracing Health – Leisa Wheeler founded Embracing Health with the goal of offering her readers life-changing health information. She covers everything from diet and fitness to herbal medicine and massage.
3. Krystal Plonski’s Blog – Krystal Plonski is a Naturopathic Medical Student with a special focus on acupuncture and oriental medicine. Her blog is dedicated to healing from the inside out through low force, natural interventions.
4. My Journey to Becoming A Naturopathic Doctor – Dr. Alison Chen created her blog to capture the important events in her life that led her to a career in naturopathic medicine. She discusses issues such as physical training, fibromyalgia and geriatric care.
5. Naturopathic Health – This blog was created by naturopathic doctor Fiona Hogan to provide readers with tips and hints for living a holistic and healthy lifestyle. She is dedicated to teaching people about healthy choices.
6. NDHealthcare.com – ND Healthcare is a comprehensive and informative blog managed by multiple naturopathic doctors. These experts work together to deliver information on medical advice aimed at healthy living.
7. Naturopathic Sleep Medicine Blog – Dr. Catherine Darley is a naturopathic sleep medicine specialist who is dedicated to providing natural treatment for sleep problems. Her blog provides a naturopathic perspective on sleep news and health.
8. Naturopathic Thoughts – With multiple contributing doctors, Naturopathic Thoughts is a blog aimed at uncovering the true cause of health problems. These doctors provide information on the site but also offer services in their clinics.
9. Acupuncture Blog Chicago – Jennifer Dubowski is a licensed acupuncturist in the Chicago area. She created Acupuncture Chicago to share information about the restoration of balance through Chinese and herbal medicine.
10. Empirical Point Acupuncture – Philadelphia Acupuncture is a blog created by the doctors at Empirical Point Acupuncture clinics. It provides professional tips and hints surrounding acupuncture and oriental medicine from licensed acupuncturists.
11. Bartlett Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine – With her blog, acupuncturist Kath Bartlett is devoted to sharing news articles, thoughts, tips and recipes. She hopes to cultivate the health of her readers’ minds, bodies and spirits while preventing illness and injury.
12. Acupuncture Blog in New York – Mark Moshchinsky is an acupuncturist in the heart of New York City. His blog, New York Acupuncture Center, offers information about fertility, the immune system, and pain management with yoga acupuncture and homeopathy.
13. Blue Poppy Enterprises, Inc. – Multiple licensed acupuncturists contribute to the blog at Blue Poppy to give readers news and information about acupuncture. It’s a great resource for people looking to enter the field as acupuncturists or potential patients.
14. Saratoga.com – The Living Well Blog at Saratoga.com is a holistic health forum meant to inform readers from all over the country. Dr. Sarah LoBisco uses her experience in naturopathic medicine to provide wellness information.
15. Chinese Medicine Adventures – Chinese Medicine Adventures was created by traditional Chinese medicine specialist Damien Bodnarchuk. He provides interesting and informational anecdotes about his studies in China and his practice in Australia.
16. Gentle Acupuncture – Kristy Garry is a registered acupuncturist with multiple specialties including labor acupuncture and Japanese pediatric techniques. Her blog Gentle Acupuncture is written to help readers reach achieve their health and wellness goals.
17. Stonewell Acupuncture News – Stonewell Acupuncture News is an informative blog about acupuncture and East Asian Medicine. It features news articles and informational posts about living well through natural treatments and dietary adjustments.
18. Stepping Stone Acupuncture and Wellness – Stepping Stone Acupuncture and Wellness is an acupuncture and herbal medicine clinic in Massachusetts. Their blog is focused on helping people cure themselves or ailments with natural treatments and healthy living.
19. Denver Acupuncture – Martha Lucas is an instructor for traditional Chinese medicine, and her blog, Denver Acupuncture, informs readers about the benefits and positive outcomes of acupuncture. She focuses on health, beauty, and general wellness.
20. Minneapolis Clinic of Integrated Medicine – MN Acupuncture is a site tied to the specialists at the Minnesota Clinic of Integrated Medicine. On it, readers can find a monthly newsletter with in-depth information about acupuncture and oriental medicine.
21. The Axelrad Clinic – The blog on the Axelrad Clinic site gives readers information on staying well. Instead of highlighting only clinical practices, this blog also focuses on self-sustained health and long-term wellness.
22. Acupuncture Health Insights – Acupuncture Twin Cities is managed by acupuncturist Lynn Jaffee, who is also an author and a public speaker. Her blog informs readers about the wide range of ailments that can be treated with acupuncture.
23. My Essential Healing – My Essential Healing is an acupuncture, oriental medicine and whole body wellness blog written by acupuncturist Erin Resko to inform and empower people about their health by sharing knowledge.
24. Acupuncture Associates – The doctors writing for Happy Acupuncture believe that many ailments can be cured with traditional Chinese medicine when supplemented by Western medicine. Their specialties include women’s health, depression and insomnia.
25. Healing Point Therapeutics – Healing Point Therapeutics truly focusing on all aspects of natural health. Acupuncturist Marisa Fanelli manages the blog, and she works to help people regain balance in all areas of their lives through Chinese medicine and hypnotherapy.
26. AcuGuy – Tom Ingengo is a licensed acupuncturist in Maryland. His blog, AcuGuy, discusses all types of oriental medicine including acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, moxibustion and Qigong.
27. Denver Center for Acupuncture – Acupuncture Denver Info is a blog written by the specialists at the Denver Center for Acupuncture. The blog posts include information about how acupuncture can treat people both naturally and effectively.
28. Open Sky Acupuncture – This blog is written by Terry M. Chen, a licensed and practicing acupuncturist in Eugene, OR. Each blog posts provides readers with detailed information about acupuncture, from its history to its modern applications.
29. Acutake – AcuTake Health is a blog dedicated to providing people with relevant and helpful information about acupuncture for their every day life. Instead of listing tips, this blog tells people how to apply them.
30. Kate Ruma Associates Acupuncture – Kate Ruma founded her blog Kate Ruma and Associates Acupuncture to educate and inform the public about he advantages of acupuncture and Chinese medicine, and how these can be an integral part of modern medicine.
31. Alban Acupuncture – The blog at Alban Acupuncture is written to help teach readers more about how acupuncture is an effective treatment for many conditions, including skin conditions chronic pain and chronic urology.
32. Spinebuzz – SpineBuzz was created as a way for patients with back pain to learn about alternative treatment options. The site contains videos, podcasts, articles and blog posts to teach readers about treating their back problems naturally.
33. Acupuncture and You – Acupuncture and You features a blog that is meant to keep readers up-to-date with acupuncture and wellness news, relay the latest scientific findings in natural health care, and keep people informed about recognizing illnesses immediately.
34. Sun Wellness Acupuncture – The Sun Wellness and Acupuncture blog features articles related to acupuncture treatment and news. The topics include acupuncture, Eastern herbal medicine, auriculotherapy, Meridian massage, yoga and meditation.
35. Ancient Way Acupuncture – The Ancient Way Blog is updated by acupuncturist and cartoonist Kevin D. O’Neill. He outlines the most beneficial aspects of traditional Asian healing while discarding the most implausible and draws humorous cartoons to supplement.
36. Underground Wellness – Underground Wellness is an informative wellness blog written by Sean Croxton. He is passionate about fitness and health, and his blog is designed to educate readers about building health from the ground up.
37. Superfoods Blog – Superfoods for Super Health teaches readers about rebuilding and improving their health with the foods they eat. Each post is written by dedicated herbalist and holistic lifestyle counselor Shira Locarni.
38. Live Superfoods – Live Superfoods gives readers tips and recipes for a healthy lifestyle achieved through ,organic raw and vegan eating. Each post is meant to provide ways to get nutrition in its purest form.
39. KORA Organics Blog – The KORA Organics blog was put together to provide information on topics in the health and wellness industry. It is updated by a team of exercise, spirituality, organics and skincare experts.
40. Nu Roots Blog – Nu Foods is dedicated to teaching its readers about whole foods nutrition in a way that is fun and easy. The posts encourage readers to achieve optimal health without sounds intimidating or too difficult.
41. Dr. Todd’s Superfoods – Dr. Todd Pesek is a holistic physician, and his blog Eat Yourself Super is about the role of superfoods in healing your ailments, helping you lose weight and giving you more energy.
42. IFCI Nutrition Blog – The Food Insight blog serves as a nutrition, health and food safety resource for its readers. Its writers work to improve the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities.
43. Bend Naturopathic Clinic – Bend Naturopath is a blog focused on providing information and healthcare tips with naturopathic medicine. Topics include diet, detoxification, hydrotherapy, exercise modification, nutrition and botanical supplementation.
44. Wellness Blog – The Get Wellness Blog was designed to inspire choices that lead to healthy living through informative article and anecdotal stories about general wellness and healing. It also allows wellness practitioners to share their information.
45. Good Works Wellness – Good Works Wellness is regularly updated with the intention of bringing readers the best in expert health advice from a natural perspective. It includes everything from diet and self-diagnosis to alternative cancer treatments.
46. Naturopathic Medicine – Naturopathic Essentials is written by Dr. Ian Koo to give readers a fresh perspective on health and wellness. Posts are written to help the audience reflect on their health through the lens of natural living.
47. Art and Practice – Talia Marcheggiani shares her journey through her studies to become a naturopathic doctor and beyond with this blog. She reflects on the lessons she has learned about art, health and healing.
48. Diet for Living – Diet For Living features weekly posts about the raw food diet. The contributors share personal stories and tips about maintaining a raw diet and the endless health benefits associated with it.
49. Health Kismet Blog – Health Kismet is a nutritional supplement company founded by Jonathan Betchel. In his blog, Betchel offers tips, advice and tidbits on living healthy through a proper diet and nutrition.
50. ViaNutrition – Via Nutrition and Health was created by Karen Phillips, a health coach and nutrition workshop leader. On her blog, she offers tips and recipes for a healthy lifestyle both physically and mentally.
51. Smart Eating Made Simple – The official blog of Jane Ibbetson explores health and wellness through nutrition. Ibbetson holds a Masters in Science and Nutrition and was an educator and counselor for high-risk families.
52. The Medicine Woman’s Root – Bear Medicine Herbals offers a natural and feral approach to healing, folklore, herbalism and living off the land.. It covers medicine making, therapeutics recipes, nutrition and herbalism.
53. The Mountain Rose Blog – The Mountain Rose Blog features frequent posts about herbal medicine, recipes and outdoor living. With six contributors, the content is wide-ranging and nature-driven to offer readers tips on healthy and enjoyable living.
54. Methow Valley Herbs – Methow Valley Herbs is a blog managed by Rosalee de la Foret, a practicing clinical herbalist. Her posts integrate Structural Medicine with the healing powers of medicinal herbs and dense foods.
55. Planet Journeys – Plant Journeys is written in the hopes of inspiring readers to spend time in the woods, make herbal remedies and learn to identify new plants. It is written by herbal training specialist Ananda Sophia Lakshmi Wilson.
56. The Family Herbalist – Natalie Vickery is a traditional naturopath and herbalist, and her blog, The Family Herbalist, combines her passions for cooking, gardening, exploring, helping others to lead a healthy lifestyle.
57. Poppy Swap – Poppy Swap is committed to connecting people with herbs around the world. Readers can learn to identify new plants, find medicinal herbs on their own and discover which herbs work best for certain ailments.
58. A Practical Year in Herbalism with Plant Allies – Susun Weed created Practical Herbalism Goldenrod to help others explore practical herbalism and indigenous Shamanic winds. She invites others to live more spiritually with her and learn from the land.
59. Herb Greek – Herb Geek is a meeting place for herbalists. Student, professional and hobby herbalists can use the forum to post, discuss, comment and rant about all aspects of the herbal medicine industry.
60. Herbal Encounter - Herbal Encounter was created as a way for an herbalist to collect thoughts and personal findings about herbal medicine and share them with others. It also provides research findings about herbal medicine.
61. Teaberry Herbs – Teaberry Herbs was created by a stay-at-home mom to share information about alternative cooking, herbs and homeopathics. On the site, she features recipes and techniques for healthy living with a family.
62. Tamara’s Herbes Weblog – Tamara’s Herbes offers herbal treatments for some of the most common physical ailments experienced by many Americans. Instead of reaching for over-the-counter medications, readers can consider using Tamara’s Herbes instead.
63. Backyard Patch Herbal Blog – The Backyard Patch Herbal Blog gives readers tips on herbal cooking, medicine, and herbal living in general. Creator Marcy Lautenen-Raleigh has her own business selling herbs that are home-grown and hand-blended.
64. The Urban Herbalist – The Urban Herbalist is the blog of clinical herbalist Lauren Ash. She hopes her blog will serve as a platform for herbalists, artists and medical doctors to come together and facilitate healing.
65. Crow’s Daughter’s Herbal Wisdom – Julie Charette Nunn created Crow’s Daughter’s Herbs to provide readers with love and support on the path to living a healthy lifestyle through personal reflections and tips.
66. Gaia’s Gift – Gaia’s Gifts was created by Darcey Blue French, an herbalist and nutritionist with a passion for gardening, wildcrafting and food. Her blog is focused on herbs, lore and nutrition.
67. Herbology Manchester – Herbology Manchester is the official blog for the Manchester Museum Herbarium in the United Kingdom. Posts include photos from the exhibits as well as relevant stories and research findings.
68. Texas Herbalism – Wild Spirit Herbs features recipes, food preparation tips and health information from Nicole Telkes at the Wildflower School of Botanical Medicine. She includes class notes and personal findings.
69. Abigail’s Herbs – Abigail’s Herbs offers alternative healing solutions for the most common conditions in the average person. She offers alternative medicine tips focusing everything from anxiety to hair loss.
70. Planet Herbs – Planet Herbs is the official blog for the East West School of Planetary Herbology. The posts on this page include tips for practicing herbologists and other alternative medicine health care providers by Lesley Tierra.
71. Planet Herbs – Planet Herbs is the official blog for the East West School of Planetary Herbology. These posts offer practicing herbologists tip and other health care techniques by Michael Tierra.
72. Greenstar – Greenster is an online magazine that features posts on the future of health, happiness, and design through a sustainable view. The posts are written by a number of experts in the fields of health and sustainability.
73. Natural Papa – Natural Papa is a valuable resource for information about natural parenting and fatherhood. Derek Markham writes about everything from natural remedies for common childhood ailments to homeschooling to gardening to home births.
74. Healthy Fellow – Healthy Fellow is written by a natural health consultant, researcher and writer who shares evidence-based natural health information. By passing on straightforward information to health care providers and consumers, Healthy Fellow hopes to improve the quality of health care and individual wellness.
75. Jon Barron’s Natural Health Blog – Jon Barron’s Natural Health Blog is for anyone interested in learning more about current natural health issues. Topics covered in the blog range from anti-aging remedies to intestinal cleansing to methods for boosting the immune system.
76. Margaret’s Natural Health Blog – Margaret’s Natural Health Blog is written from the perspective of a naturopath who emphasizes the important role nutrition plays in health. Margaret Durst writes about food and nutrients in an easy to understand manner that is friendly to folks new to the world of natural health.
77. Dr. Andrew Weil’s Daily Health Tips – Dr. Andrew Weil’s Daily Health Tips provide quick, yet reliable, natural health information on a daily basis. This is an excellent blog to follow if you are interested in keeping up-to-date on current natural health research.
78. Naturally Savvy – Naturally Savvy is a popular and fun to read guide to natural and green living. Popular topics on the site include detoxification, eco living, nutritional supplements, and digestion.
79. Revitalise Your Health – Revitalise Your Health is written by a number of health enthusiasts who share insights related to natural strategies for leading a healthier and happier life. Many of the posts offer helpful tips for using and making natural skin and hair products.
80. Evolving Wellness – Evolving Wellness places an emphasis on “natural, wholesome, humane and balanced living”. Drawing from recent research, as well as ancient knowledge, Evolving Wellness is a great resource for learning more about the food and products we buy — and how they affect our bodies and our environment.
81. Dr. Frank Lipman – Dr. Frank Lipman is a board-certified internal medicine doctor who has also studied Chinese medicine, functional medicine, nutrition, herbal medicine, biofeedback, meditation, and yoga. His blog is a reflection of his studies — a fusion of Western medicine and all the other healing modalities.
82. Dr. Ben Kim – Dr. Ben Kim is a chiropractor and acupuncturist who has one simple goal for his blog: to help readers understand what they need to do on a regular basis to experience their best health. The blog is full of useful tips for achieving good physical and mental well-being and for preventing poor health.
83. Gorgeously Green – Gorgeously Green is blog dedicated to sharing earth-friendly lifestyle tips with its readers. The blog is so comprehensive it covers everything from beauty, fashion, food, home, travel, garden, to wellness.
84. The Spinach and Yoga Blog – The Spinach and Yoga Blog is a “go-to resource for mindfullness-based wellness”. Nadya Andreeva, a wellness coach in New York City, writes in a very accessible manner about Ayurveda, yoga, and mindfulness.
85. MindBodyGreen – MindBodyGreen is a comprehensive guide that provides the tools for living a healthier and more balanced life. Posts are written by experts in the wellness field, well-known yoga instructors, and practiced natural health care practitioners.
86. Healthy Child Healthy World – Healthy Child Healthy World is a popular site for learning how to create clean, green, and safer environments for children and families. Posts include information about how to make green choices as a consumer and how to learn more about the hazards and threats in our environment.
87. Zenspiration – Claire Charters is the founder of Zenspiration; a holistic community where various contributors share their ideas on health, wellness, business, money, travel and more…
88. Deepest Health – Deepest Health is written primarily for Chinese Medicine students and practitioners, although everyone can learn from the site. Information is provided in a clear and easy to understand way, while at the same time going deep enough to support knowledge building.
89. Dr. Tori Hudson – Dr. Tori Hudson is a naturopathic physician who writes about health issues that primarily affect women, such as birth control, breast cancer, and the menstrual cycle. It is clear from the blog that Dr. Hudson is committed to helping women understand their bodies and their health.
90. Mamaeve – Mamaeve is a blog about natural parenting written with a realistic perspective. Blog posts go beyond the usual discussion of cloth diapers and baby food and include how to incorporate natural health and wellness into family life.
91. Dr. Dixie’s Blog – Dr. Dixie’s Blog is an excellent resource for women interested in learning more about their health from a holistic perspective. Dr. Dixie writes about how to take care of the body physically, mentally, and emotionally.
92. AromaTalk – The posts on AromaTalk provide timely aromatherapy updates, as well as information on natural health, herbalism, nutrition, natural skin and hair care, fitness, and green living.
93. Aromahead Blog – The Aromahead blog is a fabulous resource for learning more about aromatherapy and essential oils. It also contains an abundance of information about how to make your own beauty and home cleaning products.
94. Herbology – Herbology is written by Anke, a woman living in Australia who is clearly passionate about using herbs in the kitchen and in medicine to support wellness. Her blog is a space for sharing knowledge with folks new and well-practiced in herbalism.
95. Natural New Age Mum – Natural New Age Mum is a site full of eco-friendly and natural health tips aimed at inspiring others to live a happy, healthy, and holistic life. While some of the posts are specific to places and products in Australia, a lot of the information is relevant to people all over the world.
96. EcoProducts That Work – The reviews on EcoProducts That Work are helpful for finding products and practices that are organic, natural, and resource-saving — and that really get the job done. Plus, a lot of the products are also cost effective!
97. Lola Zabeth – Lola Zabeth is a fun to read natural health and wellbeing blog written by Lola, a self-described Beauty Foodie™. Lola shares with her readers resources for natural hair care, skin and body care, and eats and drinks.
98. Willow Wellness – Willow Wellness is an Australian-based blog that wants its readers to live healthier and more balanced lives. The blog is divided into different categories — health, body, mind and beauty — so that the reader can zero in on the exact information that interests them.
99. Della Terra Wellness - Della Terra Wellness is the Chinese medicine and yoga informed work of Katerina of Portland Oregon . Her blog focuses on tips and tricks to keep your body in balance by referring to four key aspects of healthful living: eat well, breathe well, live well, be well.
More blogs to be added to this list coming soon…
Did you know that we are offering a professional Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training?
Our next Professional Certification Training begins October 2013!
Enrollment is now by application only.
This is our premier training that’s offered once per year only. It’s a distance-learning program that you can participate in from anywhere around the globe. This is truly a one-of-a-kind training that will fast-track your skills in working with the most common eating challenges of our times. These include weight loss, body image, over eating, binge eating, and nutrition-linked health concerns such as digestion, fatigue, mood, immunity, and more.
If you’d like to speak to an enrollment advisor who can answer your questions first, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the time zone you’re in, and the best times to reach you.
Or please click here for more information.