Top 50 Vegan Blogs
Here are our picks for Top 50 Vegan Blogs. Please enjoy! Here at The Institute for the Psychology of Eating, we’re on a mission to forever change the way the world understands food, body and health.
We’re “diet agnostic” – meaning we do our best to honor and support the wisdom and usefulness of ANY dietary approach that people choose to practice. The Institute for the Psychology of Eating is the world’s only online school dedicated to a progressive, positive, holistic understanding of eating psychology and nutrition. Unique and revolutionary in its approach, the Institute teaches students and professionals how to effectively work with the most common and compelling eating challenges of our times - weight, body image, overeating, binge eating, emotional eating, endless dieting, digestion, fatigue, immunity, mood and much more.
The Institute features an internationally acclaimed distance learning professional offering – the Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training - along with well loved online programs for the public, including Transform Your Relationship with Food. No matter what nutritional system you follow, we all have a relationship with food that profoundly impacts our behavior and metabolism. If you’re interested in learning more about the work we do, please check out our FREE Video Series called The Dynamic Eating Psychology Breakthrough. You can sign up for it HERE. The list below for Top 50 Vegan Blogs is in no particular order. They’re all ranked highly in our eyes!
Been selected? Want to share this badge on your website?
Just copy and paste the code below!
Top 50 Vegan Blogs:
1. – My Kind of Life is a beautiful vegan resource written by Emily Nolan, a professional model and vegan blogger with a master’s certificate from Cornell in Plant-Based Nutrition. This girl played Olympic Level softball. She lives in NYC, where, she says: “dreams can apparently come true.” Make sure to check out her great “Debunked” articles.
2. Post Punk Kitchen - The Post Punk Kitchen cooking show was started in 2003. The show is long over, but the blog lives on, as do a number of vegan cookbooks that have been inspired by the blog including Veganomicon, Vegan with a Vengeance, and Vegan Brunch.
3. Manifest Vegan - Manifest Vegan recipes are developed by Allyson Kramer, a culinary artist. Her recipes look and taste delicious — and they are all vegan and gluten-free.
4. C’est La Vegan - C’est La Vegan’s author is also the founder and owner of the direct order C’est La V Bakeshop in Los Angeles. The recipes on C’est La Vegan are not all baked goods; it also includes savory breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes.
5. The Vegan Stoner - The Vegan Stoner is for cooks looking to prepare quick, inexpensive vegan dishes. The blog’s whimsical illustrations of recipe ingredients set it apart from the rest.
6. Vegan Yack Attack - The Vegan Yack Attack includes recipes for savory dinner, sweet desserts, and raw snacks — all vegan. The blog was started after the blogger began preparing more of her meals at home as a result of following a plant-based diet.
7. What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway? – What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway? is a simple blog with a clean design and basic vegan recipes. The writers of this blog have been vegan for 17 years and wanted to share with others what vegans actually eat.
8. The Little Foxes is the domain of holistic health coach Ashlee Piper – as the manager of the Vegucated Community Schoolhouse, she also wanted to offer a personal space to help transitioning vegans. Wonderful information to explore, and each Tuesday means a new recipe!
9. Get Sconed – Get Sconed is a vegan lifestyle blog for vegan cooking and baking.
10. Oh She Glows - Oh She Glows is a popular vegan recipe blog that contains more than just recipes; the blogger also writes about fitness and photography, and she maintains an online vegan shopping guide.
11. Seitan is My Motor - Seitan is My Motor was started in 2007 when the blogger turned to a vegan diet. The site is written in English and German and features vegan baked goods.
12. Bitter Sweet – BitterSweet is written by a blogger who has published cookbooks about vegan desserts. Although she focuses on sweets in her books, her blog also includes a number of fresh, savory dishes highlighting vegetables as a main ingredient.
13. Vegan Feeding - Vegan Feeding is written by a woman who was a carnivore until she received a rare diagnosis, watched documentaries about the meat industry, and met some vegan friends who changed her mind about eating a plant-based diet. Her blog is fun to read and her recipes are easy to follow.
14. Vegan Soul Power - Vegan Soul Power includes a collection of vegan recipes that are prepared by a home cook. The blog also includes travel ideas and advice for folks following a plant-based diet.
15. Jennifer’s Kitchen – Jennifer’s Kitchen is a “go to” blog for inspiration, idea, weight loss help, and sound advice – all from a vegan perspective. Jennifer also delivers kitchen tips to help the reader become more efficient and comfortable in the kitchen.
16. Vegie Head - Vegiehead is written by a woman in Australia with all of the following qualifications: cooking teacher, food stylist, photographer, recipe developer, food lover, and vegan. Her recipes are varied from breakfast to dinner and sweet to savory.
17. Maple Spice - Maple Spice is a vegan food blog written by a woman who was vegetarian for 13 years and then made the switch to a vegan diet in 2008. One feature that makes this blog is unique is the inclusion of the blogger’s food journal so the reader can keep up to date on what the blogger is eating on a daily basis.
18. 100% Vegan Happy Healthy Life - 100% Vegan Happy Healthy LIfe is a popular resource for vegans. The recipes inspire vegans and non-vegans to make delicious recipes using whole food ingredients.
19. Urban Vegan - Urban Vegan is written by Dynise Balcavage who is “obsessed with hedonistic vegan cooking.” Her site is full of recipes intended to “wow” vegans and non-vegans, and it includes restaurant reviews and other vegan food-related posts.
20. Vegangela - Vegangela is written by Angela, a woman who likes to “veganize” recipes and post original plant-based recipes. Her site also includes useful tools like a glossary of vegan-food terms and tips and tricks that make preparing vegan foods easy.
21. The Vegan Woman – The Vegan Woman is dedicated to the vegan lifestyle. A number of writers contribute to the blog on topics ranging from planning vegan parties to wearing faux leather to eating a vegan diet.
22. Plant Powered Kitchen – Plant Powered Kitchen, written by Dreena Burton, is a source for vegan recipes based on whole foods. Dreena has published four vegan cookbooks and has written for a number of vegan/vegetarian publications.
23. The Kind Life - The Kind Life is Alicia Silverstone’s blog about being a vegan and includes news and topics related to a vegan lifestyle. It features posts about recipes, living as “green” as possible, new vegan products, and a book club.
24. Vegan Housewives - Vegan Housewives is much more than a food blog (although posts often are vegan recipes). This blog also includes tips for living a vegan life, from fashion to home decorating to beauty products.
25. Red Hot Vegans – Red Hot Vegans is a lifestyle blog for vegans living in Austin, Texas. While it includes restaurant and local food reviews, readers outside of Austin can still appreciate the site for information about new vegan products available nationally.
26. Vegan Consultant - Vegan Consultant is a blog started by Kelly Bennet for the purpose of having a space for people interested in living a “conscious, kind, and free” life. The clean and simple design of the blog is refreshing, and Kelly’s unique approach to providing vegan consulting services makes for a fun read.
27. VegNews - VegNews is one of the premier vegan print magazines, and their Tumblr blog is a great place to pick up their vegan news online.
28. Choosing Raw - Choosing Raw is a food blog that reflects one woman’s diet of eating a diet that is mostly raw and entirely vegan. The blogger also writes about how compassionate and healthy dietary choices supported her on a path to recovery after a history of an eating disorder.
29. Dishes From My Kitchen – Dishes From My Kitchen is by a woman named Pavithra, who believes that styling food as a piece of art is appealing to the eyes and inviting to the senses. She improvises delicious vegan meals and shares the recipes with you.
30. Your Daily Vegan - Your Daily Vegan shares vegan recipes, talks about animal rights, and starts conversations about vegan ethics.
31. One Arab Vegan - One Arab Vegan is an ongoing chronicle of a woman from Bahrain (now living in England) eating a vegan diet. She shares recipes, restaurant reviews, health tips, and talks about why she is vegan.
32. Viva la Vegan - Viva la Vegan is an interactive, multimedia community for vegans. It provides education, outreach, and a few recipes.
33. Vegan Show Addict - The Vegan Shoe Addict is a blog featuring vegan (and some vegetarian) shoes. None of the shoes are made with leather or fur, but many of them are stylish.
34. Vegan Eats and Treats - The Vegan Eats and Treats team is made up of two human writers, one cat, and three dogs. The site is dedicated to sharing with readers how to eat a healthy, satisfying vegan diet. It also includes information about throwing vegan parties.
35. Cake Maker to the Stars - Cake Maker to the Stars features recipes both vegan AND gluten-free. The design of the site is eclectic and fun, while the recipes that are shared are simple but delicious.
36. Vegan Cuts - Vegan Cuts is all about introducing the reader to new vegan products available for purchase. In addition to buying vegan food, the bloggers of this site encourage folks to buy vegan clothes, shoes, accessories, body care, and household items.
37. From A to Vegan - From A to Vegan is an excellent resource for vegans to learn and talk about vegan fashion, travel, beauty products, and food.
38. Fork and Beans - Fork and Beans is food blog for people looking for recipes for their favorite classic dishes, but dairy-free, meat-free and gluten-free. An emphasis is placed on making all people feel welcome on her site, not just folks that identify as vegan.
39. An Unrefined Vegan - An Unrefined Vegan shares recipes that contain unprocessed, unbleached and meat- and dairy-free ingredients. The clean look of the site reflects the emphasis on whole, clean foods.
40. City Life Eats - City Life Eats is partially about living a healthy life in the city and partially about following a vegan (and gluten-free) diet. In addition to the vegan recipes, there are also tips about taking care of yourself in a high-speed and high-stress society.
41. By Any Greens Necessary - By Any Greens Necessary is also the title of Tracye McQuirter’s best selling book. Tracye is a passionate vegan advocate and an expert in the field of public health nutrition.
42. Olives for Dinner - Olives for Dinner is written by a vegan married to a “meat and potatoes” type of man. The recipes that make it to the blog are vegan recipes that she and her husband enjoy.
43. Bread without Butter - Bread Without Butter is written by a woman who has a passion for vegan cooking and writing. Her site includes a collection of delicious recipes and cookies and cakes made without eggs and dairy.
44. Vegan Miam - Vegan Miam documents delicious vegan food and products from around the world (miam means yummy in French).
45. The Vegan Chickpea - The Vegan Chickpea features simple and fresh vegan and gluten-free recipes. The blog follows one woman as she learns to cook and bake more recipes from her home kitchen.
46. Keepin’ It Kind - Keepin’ It Kind is a blog for vegans interested in cooking plant-based foods and reading about vegan dining and traveling adventures. The blogger on this site is passionate about living a vegan life and making delicious food.
47. Oh Lady Cakes - Oh Lady Cakes is a relatively new vegan blog with a beautiful design and wide range of recipes. The blogger is local to Denver, Colorado, and her style of writing reflects a lively personality and fun sense of humor.
48. Alien’s Day Out - Alien’s Day Out is a blog about being a vegan in Seoul, South Korea. Mipa documents her experiences cooking, dining, and shopping as a vegan.
49. Fat Free Vegan Kitchen - Fat Free Vegan Kitchen focuses on the vegan diet and lifestyle. The blog is well-presented and interesting, and Susan also maintains a fat-free vegan recipes website.
50. Hell Yeah It’s Vegan - Hell Yeah It’s Vegan is a food blog loaded with delicious vegan recipes for entrees, snacks, side dishes, breads, desserts, and drinks. The blog’s hip name sets the tone for the writing and the recipes.
We’re always open to suggestions. Feel free to email us and post your favorite Raw Food Blogs in the comments below!
We’re always open to suggestions. Feel free to email us and post your favorite Raw Food Blogs in the comments below!
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
© Institute For The Psychology of Eating, All Rights Reserved, 2014