Best 100 Nutrition Blogs 2015
These are our picks for Best 100 Nutrition Blogs of 2015. Enjoy! Here at The Institute for the Psychology of Eating we’re on a mission to forever change the way the world understands food, body and health.
We’re “diet agnostic” – meaning we do our best to honor and support the wisdom and usefulness of ANY dietary approach that you choose to practice. The Institute for the Psychology of Eating is the world’s only online school dedicated to a progressive, positive, holistic understanding of eating psychology and nutrition. Unique and revolutionary in its approach, the Institute teaches students and professionals to effectively work with the most common and compelling eating challenges of our times: weight, body image, overeating, binge eating, emotional eating, endless dieting, digestion, fatigue, immunity, mood and much more.
The Institute features an internationally acclaimed distance learning professional offering: the Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training We also have a well loved online program for the public called Transform Your Relationship with Food. No matter what nutritional system you follow, we all have a relationship with food that profoundly impacts our behavior and metabolism. If you’re interested in learning more about the work we do, please check out our FREE Video Series called The Dynamic Eating Psychology Breakthrough. You can sign up for it HERE. The list below for Best 100 Nutrition Blogs of 2015 is in no particular order. They’re all ranked highly in our eyes!
Been selected? Want to share this badge on your website?
Just copy and paste the code below!
Best 100 Nutrition Blogs 2015
1. Lighten Up! – Lighten Up! is a nutritional program that offers a unique approach to weight loss. Based on the premise that diets don’t work, Lighten Up! takes the emphasis off of food and concentrates on behaviors instead.
2. Mindful Nutrition – Minh-Hai Alex is a Registered Dietitian and Certified Health and Wellness Coach with a passion for guiding people to eat in a way that feels good physically, mentally and emotionally. There is no dieting, guilt, or deprivation involved in Minh-Hai’s work, instead she encourages her clients to find and honor their intuitions.
3. My Intentful Life, LLC – Maya Nahra is a behavioral nutrition expert who helps people shift their dieting mindset. Her work as a coach, speaker, and blogger is especially suited for folks who have been stuck in a rut of yo-yo dieting for years.
4. Rebecca Scritchfield Media, LLC – A Registered Dietitian’s suggestions on how to live a healthier life. She shares tips on how to ‘balance your plate’ so you can receive optimal nutrition at each meal.
5. Medicinal Nutrition – Jennifer Leigh Burnett is a Certified Health Coach, author, speaker and wellness expert. She works with women to help them balance their glow, flow and hormones with food. Her holistic approach to wellness integrates both modern and traditional philosophies and examines all of the things that feed our lives. Check out her Thyroid Makeover!
6. Eat Without Guilt – Dinneen of EWG is not like other nutritionists. After close to 20 years of failed dieting, calorie counting, and crushing self-hate, she finally lost weight and kept it off through discovering some pretty counter-intuitive practices. Turns out, nourishment is not just about what you put in your mouth!
7. Super Healthy Kids – Super Healthy Kids is an online resource for parents who are looking for ideas, recipes, and tips for feeding their kids healthier.
8. Kristen Yarker – Do you have a difficult time feeding your children the food you know they should be eating? Kristen is all about helping Moms and Dads support their picky eaters to try new foods (without being forceful or sneaky). She gives great tips, suggestions and recipes for all ages of children!
9. Chris Rosenbloom Food and Nutrition Services, LLC – Professor and Nutrition Consultant Christine Rosenbloom works with adults to promote healthy living.
10. First Step Nutrition – Jennifer House is a Registered Dietician and mom of two who founded First Step Nutrition, a nutrition practice for pregnant and postpartum women, babies, and young children. Her work and website are an excellent resource if you are wondering what to eat during pregnancy or how to get your toddler to eat more green vegetables.
11. Corrine Dobbas – Corinne Dobbas is a Registered Dietician who helps women achieve their health and life goals. Corinne’s work combines her commitment to scientific research with her belief that every woman wants to, can, and should feel beautiful and inspired.
12. ReWild Yourself! – Daniel Vitalis teaches an approach to living that helps people get in touch with their instincts and inner wisdom. Daniel is also the founder of FindASpring.com, a resource helping people find fresh, clean, wild water and of SurThrival.com, a brand pioneering a lifestyle of healthy adventure.
13. Primalmeded – Anastasia Boulais works full-time as a physician and part-time as a health and fitness junkie. Anastasia’s blog explores the areas where evolutionary medicine, ancestral health, and primal diets intersect with conventional medical wisdom.
14. Mark Bittman – Mark Bittman is a revered and well-known food writer who has written for the New York Times for over 13 years. Mark has also published a number of popular cookbooks, including his latest which spells out how to cook, eat, and keep a pantry for following a vegan diet every day before 6PM.
15. 180 Degree Health – Matt Stone, a health researcher extraordinaire with a goofy streak and a huge following, maintains 180DegreeHealth. There’s quite a variety of videos, tips, e-books and other helpful advice that will make think twice about your relationship with food. He specializes in Metabolism.
16. Vidya Living – Claire Ragozzino is a certified yoga instructor, plant-based chef and holistic wellness coach who works with clients around the globe to inspire transformational changes in their health and wellbeing. Vidya Living provides a resource for women looking to reconnect with their roots and the ancient wisdom of self-healing through food, breath and conscious movement.
17. EastWest Healing and Performance – Josh and Jeanne Rubin are all about helping people to help themselves. They run a practice in Carlsbad, California but also have a incredible long-standing YouTube Channel with great nutrition and over all health topics. Definitely worth a look!
18. Paleo Mom – Sarah Ballantyne writes about the science behind the Paleo diet, as well as how to practically implement a Paleo lifestyle when raising a family. A number of Sarah’s posts also highlight how modifications made to a Paleo diet and life can be transformational for individuals living with autoimmune conditions.
19. Amy Myers – Amy Myers focuses on a variety of health information in her blog. As a medical doctor she is dedicated to finding the root cause of illness and offering you a solution back to good health.
20. City Girl Bites – Martha is a Registered Dietitian and a city girl. In her blog she writes how to be healthy in the city with practical and scientifically based advice to help you improve your health.
21. Margaret Wertheim – Margaret is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and author. In her blog she gives many tips about how to sustain blood sugar and great recipe ideas.
22. Better Nutrition Simplified – Ashley’s nutrition blog is unique because she answers personal questions from her audience. As a Registered Dietitian she emphasizes making better quality choices to achieve optimal health.
23. Michael Murray – Michael T. Murray is a Naturopathic Physician and provides essential mind and body nutrition information. He is one of the world’s leading authorities on natural medicine and in his blog he provides extensive content that touches many corners of the health and nutrition world.
24. Poppies and Papayas – Selva’s blog is rich with nutrition and health maintenance tips. As a nutritionist Selva is dedicated to creating holistic and alternative recipes, as well as sharing nutrition information, to help others find health and balance through food.
25. Michelle Dwyer – Michelle’s blog provides insight into overcoming sugar addiction as well as other useful nutrition information. As a Holistic Health Coach and Nutrition Consultant her role is to support people on their journey towards greater wellness, energy and vibrancy.
26. Andrea Beaman – Andrea is a holist health and thyroid expert and in her blog she brings a wealth of information to the conversation about health. She empowers her readers with invaluable insights, tips and remedies that improve health and wellness.
27. Renew Health Coaching – Packed with nutritional information and recipes, Jessica’s blog is a great resource to assist anyone in achieving and maintaining health. Renew Health’s mission is to guide & educate individuals and families toward a healthier lifestyle. She believes that in doing so this create a ripple effect that changes the world.
28. The Paleo Model – David is a model in the daytime and a self-confessed nutrition junkie with a Paleo bent at night. On his blog he shares his knowledge and experience.
29. William Cole – In William’s blog he specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors and provides nutrition/health information about chronic conditions such as thyroid issues, autoimmune, hormonal dysfunctions, digestive disorders, diabetes, heart disease and fibromyalgia.
30. Kellyann Petrucci – Kellyann helps people ‘launch their own transformations.’ As a naturopathic physician, nutrition and lifestyle expert she helps people provides tips about foods to include in your diet as well as recipes.
31. Desiree Nielsen – Desiree gives tips on how to regularly make anti-inflammatory, unprocessed, plant based foods a part of your lifestyle. She also provides explanations as to why a whole foods diet is so important. She comes equipped and ready to teach!
32. JJ Virgin – JJ says, “Your body is not a bank account. It’s a chemistry lab.” On her blog she provides helpful insights and scientific research to back up her suggestions.
33. Nykki Hardin – Nykki is an expert at cleaning out the body to gain energy & vitality and relieving anxiety and confusion in regards to how to eat and live healthy in a very toxic, chaotic world. In her blog posts she answers why this is important!
34. Propel Wellness – Maranda Carvell’s blog provides information about the connection that food plays in individual health, the health of your family and the health of the planet. She gives great suggestions on how to incorporate whole, live food into your diet in a way that is simple and attainable in today’s busy world.
35. Case Adams – Case provides a unique and integrated perspective on current health issues and nutrition information. His focus is upon science-based natural health solutions and brings to life information that is relevant in Aromatherapy, Bach Flower Remedies, Blood Chemistry, Clinical Nutritional Counseling, and Colon Hydrotherapy.
36. Food and Spirit – Deanna helps to guide others in using foods and eating as tools for personal growth and nourishment for the soul. In her blog she invites her readers to open their hearts, unravel their intuition, and take a journey to inner and outer bliss with every bite you take!
37. Taz Bhatia – In Dr. Taz’s blog she brings awareness to health and wellness from a unique perspective. Included are tips on how to implement these suggestions.
38. It’s Not About Nutrition – Dina can relate to the struggle of getting kids to eat healthy foods. That is why she shifts the emphasis from nutrition to teaching children about the art of creating healthy habits. Many people feed their kids a menu of bagels, pizza, pasta, chicken nuggets – and they feel guilty and helpless about it. It’s Not About Nutrition comes to the rescue with a simple plan based on radical advice: Stop thinking about nutrition.
39. Lisa Gatti – What’s on your plate? Lisa believes in food as medicine and remedy, helping clients with digestive issues and chronic conditions get to the root of their health problems, make simple shifts in their diet, and feel really well again so they can focus on living the life they were meant to live.
40. Terry Wahls – Dr. Terry Wahls used functional medicine to bring herself back from debilitating MS, and now teaches others how to use the Wahls Diet to heal. Her blog is rich with nutrition and wellness content.
41. Real Nutritious Living – Melissa is the voice for Real Nutritious Living and in her blog she speaks about the many aspects of health and wellness. The information she provides is researched based and she gives you great recommendations about how to implement safe, effective and inexpensive dietary and lifestyle changes.
42. Meghan Telpnar – Meghan, the nutritionista, shares her humour and passion as she explores the best food, creating easy to follow recipe with a healthy dollop of nutritional info thrown in.
43. Grateful Grazer – Steph’s blog, The Grateful Grazer, is a whole foods nutrition and wellness guide that features tips for healthy living and recipes based on whole, plant-based ingredients.
44. Sharon Palmer – Sharon has a comprehensive blog that features a different theme for each day. As a Registered Dietitian she focuses on health, wellness, nutrition, cooking, wine, restaurant reviews, and entertainment, as well as developing original, tested recipes with nutritional analysis for publication.
45. ABCD Eat Right – Full of wonderful ideas about how to push off packaged foods from the plate and incorporate more fruits and veggies into children’s diet. Brandi believes that every parent and school should have access to a registered dietitian and their knowledge regarding nutrition. Interesting and relevant discussions are featured on this blog including school lunches, preparing healthy and delicious snacks, and so much more!
46. Nutrition Facts – Greger scours the world of nutrition-related research, as published in scientific journals, and brings that information to you in short, easy to understand articles and video segments.
47. Appetite For Health – From information about sleep and nutrition to exercise and nutrition, it is all included in this extensive blog. Julie and Katherine bust diet fad myths and provide you with information to fuel your health!
48. Nutrition Blog Network – The Internet is the Wild Wild West when it comes to finding reliable, credible nutrition information. The Nutrition Blog Network is a collection of blogs written by registered dieticians that you can trust.
49. Whole Health Nutrition – This blog is a great place to visit when looking for ideas about how to cook with different whole foods and tips to improve health. Featuring many registered dieticians it is a hub of great information!
50. Kath Eats Real Food – As a mother, registered dietician, bakery owner, and food lover, Kath shares personal stories and great nutrition information in her laid-back blog. Her writing is fun to read, informative, and inspiring.
51. Nutrition Unplugged – Janet Helm, a nutrition journalist, registered dietitian, food trend tracker and mom of twins uses this blog to help people make sense of nutrition news. Her goal is to connect people to the resources they need to debunk nutrition myths, clear up the confusion, enjoy good food and improve their health.
52. Brighton Your Health – Though Mary is an American Registered Dietician she lives in France and frequently travels throughout Europe, eating delicious food and meeting new people. It is her passion to help people in their quest to be healthy through providing support, health information and realistic tips from both a scientific dietetic view and alternative medicine back-to-basics European influence.
53. Born to Eat – It’s not about a diet. It’s about having a plan. This is Leslie’s mantra and on her blog she provides you with realistic ways to implement the healthy diet you dream about into your real life.
54. Food Watch – Food Watch is a website and blog which helps you eat right, stay fit and put more energy into your day. Catherine shares her valuable information about everything nutrition. This blog is not to be missed!
55. Deliciously Well – Brenda offers honest and simple ways to enjoy a yummier life. From information about fitness to how to feel more fulfilled with your meals to creative recipes, this is a place you will be happy you visited!
56. Whitty Nutrition – Whitney brings forward her strong belief that good nutrition and eating healthy should be attainable for all. In her blog she shares information that both the sophisticated and amateur nutritionists will find interesting!
57. Marcia Crawford – Do you think that food politics and the way your refrigerator is organized has an effect on your health? Well, Marcia draws some interesting connections that are important to consider as you thrive on your path to wellness.
58. Mom’s Kitchen Handbook – The title of Katie’s blog, ‘Mom’s Kitchen Handbook: Raising Fresh Food Kids in a French Fried World’ basically sums up her blog. She answers all the questions that mom’s have asked her with wit and inspiration. It’s a place that Katie shares her ideas and recipes on all things related to food.
59. Abby Langer Nutrition – Abby offers both common and unique information on her nutrition blog making it a fun experience to pursue. You will definitely learn something! Her passion is to bring you well researched information that will positively impact your life.
60. Nutrition Therapy Institute – NTI is a leading educational institution focused on the serious scientific study of nutrition and how it affects systems of the body. Their blog is dedicated to giving you information that will empower the choices you make at the supermarket, dinner tables, and all of life.
61. Susan Barendregt – Susan comes armed and ready to inform! The information on Susan’s blog is thorough and engaging. She believes that disease goes away as a result of getting healthy and here she shares with you many ways to achieve health.
62. To Your Health – Kathy Westover, founder of To Your Health, affirms that you cannot improve your health until you make changes in what you do everyday. The blog examines the role of nutrition, movement, sleep and lifestyle to orient you to the well rounded approach to health.
63. McDaniel Nutrition – What we eat matters. And it is Jennifer’s philosophy that food not only serves as fuel and nourishment, but as a vehicle which connects friends and family. On her blog she talks about the science of nutrition as well as the emotions that bring us together with food.
64. Healthy Nest Nutrition – Robin breaks down many nutrition myths that have been hyped up in the media and helps her readers understand what is going on physiologically. She provides basic understandings to complex issues. This is a great place to educate yourself on nutrition and wellness.
65. Biophilia – Kate weaves together the importance of a healthy diet, movement, nature and loving yourself. She has a variety of blogs on her website that give her readers information about nutrition, her latest backpacking adventures, yoga, and gardening.
66. Wellness and You – Peg describes her blog as: “A potpourri of nutrition theory, recipes and healthy ageing and lifestyle tips.” And it really is! It is a refreshing blog to visit filled with great information and fun recipe ideas.
67. Nutrition In Recovery – David shares information about how to promote physical wellness as a component of addiction recovery. Because nutrition is an under-addressed component of substance abuse recovery, he is here to fill in the blanks. Suggestions on how to shift behaviors regarding food and what foods support recovery, this is a blog that assists recovery.
68. Triangle Diet – This blog is loaded with strategic nutrition solutions to common physical and mental imbalances along with original recipes that support you living your brightest. Tracy and Ashley are passionate about bringing an understanding to nutrition and how the human body relates to food.
69. Radiant Roots Nutrition – If you feel overwhelmed by the conflicting ideas out there about what and what not to eat and feel constantly inundated by the onslaught of new information, Jessie’s blog is here to help! She breaks down the nutrition fundamentals, the need-to-knows so that you can make the most informed and empowered choices for your health.
70. The Paleo Plan – The Paleo Plan blog, authored by its team members, connect a lot of nutrition dots for its readers. This blog is rich with information about the nutritional health, the Paleo diet, and fitness.
71. Harvesting Nutrition – Coleen uses her wisdom and knowledge to help people put together the puzzle piece of their life so they can feel their best. In her blog she addresses the many components that determine how we feel, including food, spending time with our pets, and feeling passion for what we do professionally.
72. Nourish2Flourish – Through the information and content on Kirsten’s blog she helps her readers become informed and conscious consumers. She stirs the discussion about supplements while also sharing some of her best recipes.
73. Fearless Eating – Craig educates people on his blog to help them stop being afraid of fat, cholesterol, raw milk and encourages us to eat real food! He advocates getting food from farms and how that empowers our health.
74. Real Food Liz – Get healthy, get happy & LAUGH while you learn! Liz’s blog is full of information that will assist you wherever you are on your healing journey. Along with awesome recipes, there is information about natural skincare recipes and products & homestead fun.
75. Amelia Freer – Do you wonder what a real foodie looks like? Well, meet Amelia. She encourages people to enjoy their food and her nutrition guidance is realistic, practical and achievable – always with the goal of improved health. Her blog has many recipes, videos that take you on trips through the grocery store, and is loaded with information.
76. Amenda Clinic – Featuring interviews with other alternative health care practitioners, recipes, nutrition information, and lots more, this blog is here to educate its audience. You are sure to walk away with more insight and tools to enhance your healing experience.
77. Healthing You – Alicia is a a health foodie and recipe developer, so can expect a lot of inspiration coming your way. She is committed to allowing Healthing You shine light upon every individual. She says “Health to me isn’t about restriction or trying to meet a certain image. It’s how you feel deep from within to the outer layer of your skin.”
78. Victoria LaFont – Victoria addresses digestion, blood sugar, hormonal balance, allergy relief, and so much more in her blog. She isn’t scared to talk about the uncomfortable things about our health while also sharing awesome recipes.
79. Primal Body Primal Mind – Nora Gedgaudas is an experienced clinical expert and is widely recognized in the field of nutrition and neuro feedback. On her blog she highlights primarily indigenous women communities and informs you how and why it is important to be involved in this global call to health.
80. Functional Diagnostics Nutrition – The Functional Diagnostics Nutrition blog will inform you about the body parts you live with each day, but may know nothing about. The writings on this blog are interesting, engaging, and are sure to inspire you to think differently about food and your body.
81. The Paleo Nurse – Katy, a Registered Nurse and Nutrition Therapist, features a lot of information about the GAPS diet and how to make it available for the people who need it. She also speaks about the different nutrients that our bodies need for optimal health and to thrive.
82. Honest Body – Honest Body focuses on the body’s innate intelligence and honesty. They encourage using the power of whole foods to pave the wave to an authentic healing experience as well as listening to the wisdom that comes from our bodies. Their starting point in is the gut, so offer ample information about the GAPS diet and other gut health protocols.
83. Real Mom Nutrition – As a Registered Dietician and mother of two Sally shares how she gets her family fed without losing her sanity or her sense of humor.
84. Nourish Holistic Nutrition – From the best foods to help you fight disease, to learning about what is in your water and learning about blood pressure, Anne offers a variety of information that wants your attention.
85. Autoimmune Paleo – This blog is great for people overcoming autoimmune disease following the Paleo Diet protocol. It is loaded with information and recipes that can support your process of finding your balance.
86. Nourishing Foundations – Do you wonder about where surprising sources of sugar might be in your diet? Do you wonder about what beverages have the most amount of antioxidants? This blog is full of nutrition power to help you feel more confident in all of your food choices.
87. Eat Naked – Wonder about what changes nutritionists are making in their own diet and kitchen? And what eating on the ‘wild side’ entails? Join Margarent and James as they lay down the scoop for what you need to know about the nutrition and farm-fresh food world.
88. Nutrition Awareness – On Megan’s blog she features a ‘Spotlight Series” where she highlights other dieticians about their experience. She also addresses nutrition and working out, and brings great, wholesome recipes alive for her readers.
89. Dr. Brownstein – Dr. Brownstein shares his wealth of information as an Holistic Medical Doctor. His content ranges from information about acetaminophen, vaccines, cholesterol, and how to ensure your children are creating healthy habits for themselves. This blog is not to be missed!
90. Nourishing Excellence – Nourishing Excellence’s blog focuses on mind, body, & spiritual health through nutrition and lifestyle choices. Holly educates her audience on the importance of creating a strong pillar of health and how to do that.
91. Empowered Sustenance – On Lauren’s blog she shares her food and beauty recipes, health and nutrition information and other resources for creating a vibrant life.
92. Butter Nutrition – Get nutritionally wealthy with Catherine showing you how! From hormonal health to essential oils to digestion to skincare, she brings it on! This blog is loaded with great information to enhance your health and give a glow to your skin.
93. Purple Beet Nutrition – Purple Beet Nutrition is here to encourage wellness through information about real food and tips on living a healthy life for you and your family. Inspired from the work of Dr. Weston Price, the content that Purple Beet is uniquely different, and does not believe nutrition is a one size fits all!
94. Viva Nutritional Therapy – This is a great place to get acquainted with what Nutrition Therapy is and how shifting how and what you eat will impact your health. MaryAnn talks about the root causes of many diseases and what steps you can take to reclaim your health.
95. Eat Holistic – After being diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer twice within a short three year period, Kirstin was forced to reevaluate what she believed about her healthy lifestyle. On her blog she shares information on the healing properties of whole foods, helping to empower others in the same way she empowers herself.
96. Healthy by Nature – Susan Hughes is a Certified Nutritional Counselor and Holistic Health Practicioner, who has been passionate about health and nutrition since her early teens. With a love and respect for mind-body connection her blog posts are both clear and insightful.
97. Boulder Nutrition – Holistic Nutritionist Sue Van Raes brings a science background and a passion for food and pleasure to the Boulder Nutrition Health Revolution! Her blog posts promote body positivity, metabolic healing, nutrition and more.
Our list is a work in progress and we’re always open to suggestions. Feel free to email us and post your favorite Health Food Blogs in the comments below!
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
© Institute For The Psychology of Eating, All Rights Reserved, 2014
Get Your FREE Video Series
New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food