Best 100 Health Coach Blogs 2015
These are our picks for Best 100 Health Coach Blogs 2015. Enjoy! Here at The Institute for the Psychology of Eating we’re on a mission to forever change the way the world understands food, body and health.
We’re “diet agnostic” – meaning we do our best to honor and support the wisdom and usefulness of ANY dietary approach that you choose to practice. The Institute for the Psychology of Eating is the world’s only online school dedicated to a progressive, positive, holistic understanding of eating psychology and nutrition. Unique and revolutionary in its approach, the Institute teaches students and professionals to effectively work with the most common and compelling eating challenges of our times: weight, body image, overeating, binge eating, emotional eating, endless dieting, digestion, fatigue, immunity, mood and much more.
The Institute features an internationally acclaimed distance learning professional offering: the Eating Psychology Coach Certification Training. We also have a well loved online program for the public called Transform Your Relationship with Food. No matter what nutritional system you follow, we all have a relationship with food that profoundly impacts our behavior and metabolism. If you’re interested in learning more about the work we do, please check out our FREE Video Series called The Dynamic Eating Psychology Breakthrough. You can sign up for it HERE. The list below for Best 100 Health Coach Blogs 2015 is in no particular order. They’re all ranked highly in our eyes!
Been selected? Want to share this badge on your website?
Just copy and paste the code below!
Best 100 Health Coach Blogs 2015
1. Nutritious America – Abra Pappa of NutritiousAmerica.com is your vibrant living cheerleader with kale pom pom’s held high! Healthy Clean Recipes, Holistic Nutrition Programs, and Healthy Living Tips and Tricks!
2. Eat Naked Now – Margaret Floyd teaches readers how to grow, shop, prepare and eat in a holistic and healthy way – free of processed foods and all the damage that comes along with them.
3. Katie Bressack– Katie Bressack creates personalized health programs for women like you. She is a Board Certified Health Coach who believes that in order to stay happy and healthy you need to find balance in your life.
4. Divine Hunger – Jenna Abernathy understands a very important tenant to eating psychology: how we experience our bodies and food is a direct reflection of how we feel and receive nourishment from life. She learned this after years of seeing food as the enemy. With training from IPE, she is well prepared to help readers redefine their own relationships with food and live happier more fulfilling lives.
5. Stratejoy – Molly Mahar shares useful, inspirational, stories, tools and life prompts so that you can be living the life that you dream.
6. Nourishing Vitality – Ann believes that no woman should ever have to suffer over food and body. She wants the women of the world to know that they can truly feel comfortable in their own skin and that they can make peace with food and their bodies. It’s time to get off the diet roller coaster and live a life free of deprivation and guilt.
7. Health Coach Weekly – Health Coach Weekly is an online magazine designed to give guidance and advice to health coaches. You don’t have to be a health coach to benefit from the articles, check it out to learn more.
8. Jessica Procini – Jessica Procini is a weight loss coach who wants her clients to feel fabulous, be happy, and not count calories. Besides her personal coaching practice, Jessica also maintains a blog that is full of educational and entertaining weekly videos!
9. Joy Harari – Joy Harari is a health and emotional freedom technique (tapping) coach who knows that food and emotion are powerfully connected. Her work focuses on working with clients who are ready to heal their diets and feel beautiful inside and out.
10. Durga Fuller – Durga Fuller is a counselor with a thriving private practice who writes, and leads workshops, groups, and rites of passage. She specializes in uncovering the blocks to self-care. Strongly intuitive and compassionate, she helps her clients bring more ease and comfort into the relationship with their body and stage of life, and, if necessary, make diet changes to heal from chronic illness.
11. Julie Felsher – Julie writes for chronic dieters who have tried it all. She’s out to help others overcome the obstacles standing between them and the life of their dreams. “When you have true health & happiness,” she says: “you shine in a bold, bright way”.
12. Erin Huggins – Punk-turned-health & wellness-pro has a secret for success — an interconnected discipline of mental and physical training.
13. Jan Hempstead – Jan has worked as a registered nurse in a trauma center, as a case manager and as a nurse manager in her life. Caring for patients who had suffered heart attacks, strokes or diabetes convinced her to focus her efforts on helping to prevent these diseases. So Jan found the path of health coaching. Now she works with people to achieve mind and body wellness.
14. Dr. Karen Wolfe, LLC – Dr. Karen Wolfe is a wellness physician and nutritionist who specializes in working with clients who are ready to create the healthy life they have dreamed about living. Dr. Karen promotes eating a nutrient-dense diet as one part of a healthy life and offers many diet tips and nourishing recipes on her blog.
15. Pamela Malo – Pamela Malo weaves together her trainings in dietetics and yoga and her love of travel to create her own approach to eating well, feeling well, and living well. We especially like that she promises to help clients move from being “nutra-confused” to being “nutra-confident!”
16. Trainer Kim – Kim Ludeman is a personal trainer and nutritionist energetic about working with clients who are tired of counting calories and battling with their diets. Her work focuses primarily on following a Paleo diet, but it also addresses emotional and psychological factors related to food.
17. MWAH Online – Marisa Vicaro is a New York City health and wellness coach and healthy cooking expert who helps women change their love/hate relationship with food. Marisa also writes the blog “Where I Need to Be” which documents her own health journey and provides helpful tips for achieving wellness goals, meal planning, and cooking really delicious food.
18. Hero Health Room – Luke Jones, the author of the Hero Health Room blog, created it to explore and share ideas in plant based nutrition, movement, mindful living, and sustainability. It is here to empower you to develop habits that bring you closer to realising your health potential, and become the most authentic version of yourself.
19. Healthy Boomer Body – Kathi Casey writes a personal blog for the Baby Boomer generation from her own baby-boomer perspective. She writes of days when she had the same aches and pains that many others experience, and how she overcame them and got in better shape than she was at age 20.
20. Wellness Coach Connection – Coach Cathy runs this site and uses her knowledge and experience to help people manage stress and bring balance to their lives.
21. Dr. Michelle Cleere – Dr. Michelle Cleere offers sports psychology coaching to professional, Olympic, and amateur, as well as performance coaching for musicians, writers, actors, executives, and non-profit leaders. Her work and blog focus on helping us see the deep connection between our mind and body and how changing our mindset can really help us achieve our goals.
22. Integrated Healing Studio – Kate teaches holistic living, The Bowen Technique, eating nourishing foods, experimenting in the kitchen, extreme self care, life and Yoga. For a full picture of a healthy person, check out Kate’s site.
23. Penny McIntosh – Penny makes sense of the maze of nutrition information out there for you. She combines scientific facts through a biological, evolutionary approach with Duke Integrative Health Coaching skills to educate, motivate, and empower.
24. Rachel Amanda – Rachel is a certified health coach who works with women seeking a healthier lifestyle. It is her passion the help women find energy they didn’t know they had through healthy eating and by teaching them lifelong skills for a healthy life.
25. Tricia Cardone – Trish Cardone is a Certified Nutritionist (CN™) and a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC) working with those suffering from auto-immune disease and gluten sensitivity. I am also a (CGP) Certified Gluten Practitioner and is also a Tier 1 and Tier 2 Certified through The Gluten Free Society.Org. Great place to check out for those with food sensitivities, or curious about the benefits of gluten free living.
26. Health Coach Advantage – Janet Solie is an Integrative Health Coach, working exclusively with private clients. She’s a recreational athlete, equestrian, student of qi-gong and mindfulness, cancer survivor and loves to cook healthy food.
27. Fitting It All In – Clare understands that at every point in our lives we’ll have challenges “fitting it all in!” So, Clare writes with ways to do just that. To continue finding time to cook and eat healthy, to continue to find time to exercise and to have time to do all the other things we love like playing music and getting into the outdoors.
28. Della Terra Wellness – Katerina Pozzi Baratta, MSOM, is an award-winning natural health & lifestyle coach/teacher/writer/practitioner. She guides women to live up to their healthiest, most vibrant, and well-balanced potential, naturally. Katerina holds a BA in psychology, an MS in Chinese medicine, is a trained yoga instructor, and has 10+ years of experience in natural health and related fields.Through her blog posts, resources, and online-courses, she is here to shake up your approach to the ol’ work-life-health balance & get you feeling AH-MAZING in your body, mind, and life!
29. Elizabeth Finch – Elizabeth Finch is a Certified Health Coach (AADP), wellness expert, entrepreneur and wellness business mentor who offers free wellness advice and delicious recipes on her blog. She teaches women around the world to make healthy nutrition and lifestyle choices to look and feel their best.
30. Meg Worden – Meg, a nutrition coach and certified yoga instructor, is absolutely fascinated by the way this basic act of nourishing (or not nourishing) ourselves affects every single facet of life. She understands that eating the best foods for your body can turn you into a conduit for art and for love. Great spot for motivation, inspiration and personal work!
31. Dr. Kyle Willets – Kyle is the founder of KyleWillets.com where her unique blend of Western and many other medicines helps people recover their energy and up-level their health. She received her graduate and doctoral degrees in physical therapy from Ithaca College in New York. While practicing Western Medicine, she became increasingly more aware of both the strengths and short-comings of her training. She studied Ayurvedic Medicine with Dr. Sundar Raman in Tamil Nadu, India as well as yoga, nutrition, relaxation therapies, and meditation before founding KyleWillets.com in 2011.
32. Libby Crow – Libby helps women who may feel a little crazy over food and are looking to feel their best. Because she has ‘been there’ with food and body image her blog is authentic and fun. She brings to life real issues with a sense of humor and relaxing ease.
33. Adventure Wellness – Adventure Wellness brings awareness on how to live the best life possible. Ann gives her readers tools on how to live ‘outside of the box’ and reminds us the power of nature. She encourages us to feel to the breeze and listen to our hearts, this is where a true essence of healing happens.
34. Bliss Holistic Health – The Bliss Method: a nutritional guidance approach rooted in the knowledge that our joys, challenges, and relationships are intimately linked to our wellness. Nourishing beliefs and actions are just as critical for our wellbeing as nourishing foods. This transformational method manifests permanent change from the inside out; as shifts in unhealthy behaviors naturally lead to shifts in unhealthy habits.
35. Heather Dane – Heather Dane is a health coach and a 21st century medicine woman. She co-authored the book “Loving Yourself to Great Health” with Louise Hay. Here insight is provided about how making loving choices about the food you eat and the thoughts you think can deeply nourish your body and soul.
36. Mahi Mata – Julie assists people in experiencing wellness from the inside out. She’s an Ayurvedic Wellness Educator, certified hatha yoga teacher, and a nature-loving gypsy. The content on her blog ranges from balancing Ayurvedic recipes to how the practice of yoga asana ripples into life, and so much more!
37. Charity Dasenbrock – Charity’s blog is full of information and wisdom! She shares her personal life stories about her relationship with food and her body as well as super-charged recipes!
38. Get Lively – Jan is a holistic health coach, personal trainer, and Pilates instructor, and coaches clients on creating meaningful health and fitness goals to optimize their energy and to find peace in their body and mind through personal and small group consultation. Her blog features information to jumpstart your health, both through food and exercise.
39. Cheryl Hiebert – Cheryl is interested in personal growth and on her blog she shares her unique perspective and lots of wisdom!
40. Kiran Zahra – Kiran’s perspective is a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that she looks at how all areas of your life are connected. Her blog provides a wealth of knowledge on health and nutrition and are informative and engaging.
41. Midwife your Life – Stacey shares her experience on her blog both with both with her clients and also her personal healing journey. In addition to sharing her knowledge about her personal evolution process, she also features other practitioners and their work.
42. Food Coach NYC – Dana’s blog features recipes as well as nutrition and health wisdom to empower people in their relationship with food.
43. Eve Agee – Eve specializes in Life Coaching, women’s health and empowerment programs. In Eve’s blog she provides a variety of information, from tips on how to enhance your business to how to listen.
44. Michelle Maclean – Michelle’s blog highlights sugar and how it affects us physically and emotionally. She gives great tools on how to overcome the sugar addiction as well as insights to what our sugar cravings could be telling us about our lives.
45. The Clean Food Coach – Jeanette’s gives her readers information about how to implement ‘clean’ foods into their diets. In addition to wonderful recipes and clean eating tips, she also shares her wisdom about life.
46. Alexandra Jamieson – Alexandra asks her readers: “What do your cravings say about you?” In her blog she brings awareness to our emotional relationship with food and provides great and healthy recipes.
47. My Food Coach – Daphne offers great information about how to uplevel health through offering recipes as well as tips on how to maintain blood sugar.
48. Caitlin Winkley – Caitlin is a life coach and works to help people live their best lives. Her blog features insights on how to create sustainable shifts for a healthy body and life.
49. Erica Mesirov – Erica is a Nutritionist who works with clients to achieve their ideal weight without dieting. On her blog she shares a wealth of information about wellness and home health.
50. Carolyn Akens – Carolyn is a Holistic Health Coach, weight loss expert, natural foods chef, and raw food educator. In her blog she provides healthy recipes as well as nutrition information.
51. SoulFood Journey – In Lisa’s blog she shares her knowledge about food, wellness, and life from her free-spirited inspiring perspective. SoulFood Journey was formed to bring balance, happiness and health to enable people to achieve your life goals.
52. Maria Schonder – Maria believes that offering food is a sacred act. It’s a present from the soul. She helps people connect with their meals, and themselves, in ways they never knew possible. In addition to healthy recipes, Maria’s blog is full of inspiring and uplifting stories and wisdom.
53. Trisha Mandes – Trisha is a nutrition educator and food coach and her blog gives cooking tips, recipes and tips to augment your healthy lifestyle.
54. Your own food coach – Pamela is a Registered Dietician and licensed nutritionist. Her blog provides a variety of information about how to pack a healthy school lunch for your child to information about eating disorders.
55. Running With Tongs – Lindsay is a Certified Holistic Health Counselor. She runs Running with Tongs, which is full of delicious recipes, cooking tips, health and wellness posts, and personal stories. It’s a great resource if you’re looking to improve your daily nutrition through creative cooking.
56. Plank Health Coaching – Kellie shares healthy lifestyle tools and empowering information in her blog. She affirms that she is here to guide people along their wellness journey and to also keep people accountable.
57. Mark’s Daily Apple – Mark’s mission is to empower people to take full responsibility for their health and enjoyment of life by investigating, discussing, and critically rethinking everything we have assumed to be true about health and wellness.
58. InnerHum Holistic Health Coaching for Women – Kate’s blog focuses women’s health and the many ways to support oneself and each other to create a succulent container where health can thrive.
59. Elizabeth Rider – Elizabeth helps smart, savvy, successful women become even more successful by teaching them not just how to live well, but how to become the absolute BEST version of themselves. Her blog focuses on healthy living tips and awesome healthy recipes.
60. Health Coach Quinn – As a health coach and personal chef Quinn is dedicated to assisting people feel better in their bodies and lives. Her blog features recipes as well as her favorite life things about life.
61. Find Your Balance – Michelle’s blog is a mixture of recipes and nutritional health information. As a holistic health coach she shares her own health journey to emphasize we are all in this together.
62. Tegan Westra – As a body love wellness coach and EFT practitioner, Tegan is passionate about giving women the permission to ditch the diet mindset and truly love the skin their in.
63. Katrine van Wyk – Did you ever wonder how many green drink recipes there are? Katrine has explored many different combinations and features many of these recipes as well as healthy living tips in her blog.
64. Lacy Young Health Coach – Lacy emphasizes that health is much more than just peas & carrots but they’re a great place to begin! In her blog she shares her personal stories about her healthy life as well as nourishing recipes. She is a health coach as well as the creator of Campaign for Confidence.
65. In Sonnet’s Kitchen – As a Certified Health Coach, cookbook author, and food educator Sonnet is on a mission to help people live a nourishing life. She offers food recipes, home cleaning recipes, health and wellness tips and beauty remedies.
66. Inspired Health – Jan is a Registered Nurse and certified health coach. In her blog she primarily speaks to our emotional relationship with food and how to find balance and harmony with food.
67. Kim Wilson Pollock – Kim’s mission is to help people dump sugar and embrace the ‘other sweetness’ of life! She is the founder of ‘Stop Dieting and Start Living’ and her blog offers you tips to live the life you dream.
68. From This Day Forward – Meredith’s blog posts are titled ‘The Roots of Health” and in these she interviews different doctors about health and wellness. She encourages you to question what you are told about health and nutrition, and from this day forward know that you have the power to thrive, to unlock energy, to build beautiful, strong families, and to influence the health and longevity of generations to come.
69. Joy to Wellness – Setting out to achieve optimal wellness can feel like an overwhelming process, especially if you don’t feel great to begin with. Joy knows firsthand that it takes time and patience, and a true commitment to yourself to gain control of your health. Joy’s blog gives her reader’s simple tools so the health that you desire is achieved and maintained.
70. The Fat Health Coach – Tiana shares her personal stories in her blog as well as useful ways to truly nourish yourself. She asks us to question what we have been taught to believe health is so we can truly listen to the wisdom of our bodies and our life experiences. Tiana is here to serve and support people to achieve overall health and happiness through simple lifestyle changes.
71. Real Food Wellness – Real Food Wellness helps people connect the dots of their life and health. Laura’s blog provides a variety of wellness content to assist people in fitting together these health and lifestyle puzzle pieces.
72. Whole Health Coach – Katie’s mission is to help you empower yourself by moving out of dissatisfaction and discomfort and into freedom and fulfilment. In her blog she focuses on body image and coming to peace with yourself as you are in this moment. She shares this message from an intimate place, her own healing journey.
73. My Kind of Life – Emily is a new age (role )model that promotes health at every size–which she emphasizes through yoga and mind & body exercises. In her blog she encourages that we embrace and accept ourselves as we are. She is the founder of #healthybellyselfie.
74. Maddy Moon, Mind and Body Musings – As a former fitness competitor, who has jumped through hoops to find her way back to optimal health, she shares her journey both on her blog and podcast with anyone who is interested. Her mission is to shed light on how unique and exceptional every individual is and show them how to love their body (and food) unconditionally.
75. Whole Yoga Ayurveda – Ananta Ripa Ajmera created her Whole Yoga & Ayurveda practice and blog to empower overcoming unhealthy patterns opening to sustainable transformation from the inside-out.
76. Ashley Cebulka – Ashley offers a list of self-love prescriptions and encourages each woman to love the skin that she is in. Her blog offers insight about how to get out of your comfort zone to live the life that you dream!
77. NU Health and Wellness – Let’s be honest, we all know it’s not really the cookies that are the problem–it’s what makes us crave the cookies! Natasha shares her in depth approach to living in the body you love with compelling and useful information on her beauty blog. She is determined to help you create the life you crave in a body you love!
78. Asteya Fitness – Robyn Baker has worked in the fitness industry for over a decade. She shares her experience in this industry and the her personal journey with loving herself. Robyn is the founder of Atseya Fitness and its mission is to direct one’s health and fitness goals to a much deeper level than simply a number on a scale or a body fat percentage.
79. High Energy Girl – On Tracee’s blog she shares her tips on how to increase your energy naturally. In addition to these great tips she also provides stories that are inspiring and funny.
80. Wildly Nourished – Andrea is a Certified Health Coach, business mentor, foodie, blogger, entrepreneur, free spirit, yogi, shihtzu lover and her blog encompasses all of her passions. This includes, but not limited to, awesome recipes and self love awareness!
81. Emily Burrows – As a Self-Care Coach, Yoga Teacher, and advocate for self-compassionate living, Emily Burrow life’s work is helping women treat themselves like loved ones. Through meaningful lifestyle changes, yoga, and unapologetic self-care health is achieved!
82. Beata Lewis – Beata’s areas of interest include psychotherapy, integrative psychopharmacology, mind-body medicine, and nutrition. She is a psychiatrist and psychotherapist in private practice and her blog is rich with insight on how to live in balance.
83. Strong Coffey – Formerly overweight, Kelly offers her wellness knowledge and wisdom from a unique space of: “I’ve been there.” Her blog posts are funny, inspiring, unique and informative.
84. Inspire Transformation – Naomi’s purpose and passion lies in facilitating health breakthroughs with women who deserve good health, happiness and self-love. Her blog offers tips on exercise as lots of inspirations to keep you motivated toward your health and fitness goals.
85. Wendy Kuhn – Wendy’s mission in life is to help people love themselves, their addictions, and everything in between. Through her personal experience of forgiveness she has arrived at a place confident she can help others.
86. Katrina Love Senn – Katrina Love Senn is an inspiration to women all over the world seeking to reconnect to their own bodies’ inner wisdom. Her blog is insightful as she talks about holistic healing by aligning mind, body, and spirit. Her posts are inspiring as her bright personality shines through the words.
87. Well and True – From nutrition to holistic wellness, Lauren talks about all things relevant to health on her blog. Her writing is fun and informative and not to be missed.
88. Holli Thompson – From skin care recipes to learning about what a nutritionist keeps in her fridge, there are some useful information that can be implemented immediately. Holli is intelligent and shares lots of information here!
89. Mind-Body Health Sciences – Joan is the author of 15 books and her mission is about connecting people to their own internal strengths by healing the past, training the brain, and drawing on a universal level of faith so that we can all take our part in co-creating a just, compassionate, and sustainable world.
90. Beautifully Balanced Diet – Have you thought about what is the best way to start your day? Natalie shares her nutrition and health wisdom along the side of amazing recipes. Enjoy her blog and website!
91. Cat Elliott – Cat describes herself as being a high on life Health Coach and Weight Loss Expert desiring to change the world one plate and person at a time. “I promote eating real food, self-love, and making healthy lifestyle changes permanent.”
Our list is a work in progress and we’re always open to suggestions. Feel free to email us and post your favorite Health Coach Blogs in the comments below!
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
© Institute For The Psychology of Eating, All Rights Reserved, 2014
Get Your FREE Video Series
New Insights to Forever Transform Your Relationship with Food